Lefthanded?

madr0x

WiiChat Member
Jun 10, 2007
Im getting Zelda in a few days(hopeful) and was just reading about how the map is mirrored due to most gamers being right handed. I'm left handed so was wondering if there is a left handed option and if not does it matter?

Thanks

I would not say it matters too much in the sense of gameplay, although it might feel a bit weird considering you'll be looking at him holding his sword in his right hand and his shield with his left, while you are doing the opposite. I don't believe there is such an option to switch Link's handedness, although the closest thing would be to play the GameCube version, which has Link wielding his sword with his left, and shield with his right.
Hope that helped.

Hmm dam that sucks. I thought that might be the case. Oh well I guess I can alwayss try and swap.

also, just wondering. I get why they changed him to right handed but i dont really understand the need to reverse the map. I mean, it wouldn't make that much of a difference would it?

thanks wiimastur, didn't see your reply when i wrote mine. you give me good hope:ciappa:

Another quick thing to add while on the subject of sword-handling....why is it the in Wind-Waker Link is left-handed, Twilight Princess (GameCube version) Link is left-handedand, yet in Twilight Princess (Wii Version) he's right handed? I know it doesn't matter but I always pondered...

Peace everyone.

~RedFox

RedFox said:
Another quick thing to add while on the subject of sword-handling....why is it the in Wind-Waker Link is left-handed, Twilight Princess (GameCube version) Link is left-handedand, yet in Twilight Princess (Wii Version) he's right handed? I know it doesn't matter but I always pondered...

Peace everyone.

~RedFox

he is left-handed in all zelda games cause shiggy perfers his left-hand(even though he is ambidextuous(sp?))

but people like to think the wiimote is a sword and nunchuck is sheild and most people are rright-handed and want to hold the 'sword; in their right hand

You will probably Be more comfortable using the normal setup. Yes it is mirrored and Link is normally left handed.
Im left handed to, and Since you use the analog stick, it feels right, becuase normally you use analog stick with you left thumb, so it feels right. Idk im left handed but one handed i would hold a sword with my right hand anyways..

Another lefty here chiming in to say that it's no problem at all to play "right-handed" in TP.

Hey try it out first before you get mad. And if you do get mad start the pratice with your right hand.:yesnod:

madr0x said:
also, just wondering. I get why they changed him to right handed but i dont really understand the need to reverse the map. I mean, it wouldn't make that much of a difference would it?
They simply mirror-imaged the game to make Link right-handed and therefore mirror-imaged the maps. If they didn't want to mirror-image the maps, they would have had to completely reprogram to entire game in order to have Link right-handed. Mirror-image = easy fix for right-handed Link.

Back