Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

jinglejangle

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2007
I'm a big fan of the Spyro series and I was thinking of getting the new one for Wii but I noticed that it recieved pretty mixed reviews from critics, ign gave it something like a 3.6 because the reviewer said he found it 'Too hard' :wtf: Anyway, I was wondering if any of you lot bought the game and what your thoughts were on it. :wink:

all teh spyro games have been really bad lately. please dont buy this one. instead buy zack and wiki.i rented spyro and it was ughhh.....

Yea, like Vashi said, Spyro isn't worth it these days. U'll probably like Zach and Wiki.

jinglejangle said:
I'm a big fan of the Spyro series and I was thinking of getting the new one for Wii but I noticed that it recieved pretty mixed reviews from critics, ign gave it something like a 3.6 because the reviewer said he found it 'Too hard' :wtf: Anyway, I was wondering if any of you lot bought the game and what your thoughts were on it. :wink:

if your a huge fan of the series, why even take into consideration of what some "reviewer" said? half of the games nowadays are only given a decent score if they are beatable/have amazing, omgz lifelike graphics.

if you really love the Spyro series, i would give the game a shot. It really isn't that bad, it is however challenging, like that one reviewer claimed. personally, challenging games aren't a problem for me, it just makes me want to play them more.

Zack and Wiki is a decent game as well, but the game also has a virtual guidebook of sorts, as it gives you hints throughout the game if you require them, pretty much making the game easier than it has to be. Zack and Wiki also gets somewhat boring after a while, and is alot less entertaining than Myst, for example. (well, the first one anyway.)

half the reason why everyone is going wild over Z&W is because of it's recent price drop, it's almost like one little sale commands you to buy a certain game nowadays. prices for games only go down over time anyway.

so, take your pick and get whichever one you think you'd like better as they're both decent games.

I have been unhappy with Spyro games lately (Hero's Tail), but this game is really good! It mixes platforming, combat, and storytelling well together for a really fun experience. The only downside is that there really isn't much replay value.

BIGWAVE said:
if your a huge fan of the series, why even take into consideration of what some "reviewer" said? half of the games nowadays are only given a decent score if they are beatable/have amazing, omgz lifelike graphics.

if you really love the Spyro series, i would give the game a shot. It really isn't that bad, it is however challenging, like that one reviewer claimed. personally, challenging games aren't a problem for me, it just makes me want to play them more.

Zack and Wiki is a decent game as well, but the game also has a virtual guidebook of sorts, as it gives you hints throughout the game if you require them, pretty much making the game easier than it has to be. Zack and Wiki also gets somewhat boring after a while, and is alot less entertaining than Myst, for example. (well, the first one anyway.)

half the reason why everyone is going wild over Z&W is because of it's recent price drop, it's almost like one little sale commands you to buy a certain game nowadays. prices for games only go down over time anyway.

so, take your pick and get whichever one you think you'd like better as they're both decent games.

if they liked amazing graphics, they would have never said that old spyro games on ps1 were great and the newer version are turning out crap.

zack and wiki are liked by people not because of the price but because of its quality. thety liked the game even when it was 49.99.

vashivihan said:
if they liked amazing graphics, they would have never said that old spyro games on ps1 were great and the newer version are turning out crap.

zack and wiki are liked by people not because of the price but because of its quality. thety liked the game even when it was 49.99.

what the hell are you talking about? back when the PS was in it's prime, Spyro and Crash's graphics were all the rage.

as for Zack and Wiki, i realize that it's a popular title for the Wii, but i've also noticed that people have been in a constant frenzy over the fact that it's now on sale.

Last edited:
BIGWAVE said:
what the hell are you talking about? back when the PS was in it's prime, Spyro and Crash's graphics were all the rage.

as for Zack and Wiki, i realize that it's a popular title for the Wii, but i've also noticed that people have been in a constant frenzy over the fact that it's now on sale.

dude i am talking about the fact that people will choose ps1 spyro over todays good graphics spyro any day. the thing that went downhill about spyro is that the quality of his titles began to decrease.i mean look at enter the dragonfly.its too repetitious,bad collision and bad camera.when a franchise starts to make a lotof money, the developers stop caring about its games. they rush it out. same thing happened with crash bandicoot. only nintendo franchises havent been like that.

Back