Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask for Wii U?

link2000

WiiChat Member
Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Wii Online Code
7389-5692-2682-5408
I have some interesting somewhat fresh news that a remake of Majora's mask is going to be for the Wii U. The rumor has it that Nintendo itself announced this game with a teaser trailer. I've watched the video and it seems rather legit in my opinion. If this is real, then I hope Nintendo decides to go with it, because it would be a fine add to the Wii U's software lineup. Do you think it would be wise for Nintendo, or do you think the remake will appeal to others like the original Majora's mask did?[video=youtube;cyazYYev7Nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw[/video]

Somehow the graphics look worse. Which defeats the purpose of a remake.

I honestly can't see how. What were you expecting? A similarity of Elder scrolls 5, or Mass effect 3? XD

Last edited:
The point of a remake, according to fans, is that the game looks "realistic". Why else would you want to see another release of the game?

The point of a remake, according to fans, is that the game looks "realistic". Why else would you want to see another release of the game?
So your argument is that a remake of a game must be realistic, or it won't be accepted by the fanbase? Then explain to me how Ocarina of time 3D sold so well on its launch; considering the fact it was just a mere brush up of the original.

Same as the original, with updated graphics for a portable game system. WiiU is a next gen system, with supposedly superior graphics than ESV and Mass Effect. Anything less would be a dissapointment. This is all assuming the video was genuine, which is probably just a fan video.

Same as the original, with updated graphics for a portable game system. WiiU is a next gen system, with supposedly superior graphics than ESV and Mass Effect. Anything less would be a dissapointment. This is all assuming the video was genuine, which is probably just a fan video.
There's a possibility that it's not real, but none of the less; it looks gorgeous in my opinion. The game has improved textures, foliage, lighting and shadowing; you say that isn't good enough for you, because the structures of the characters resemble a cartoonish style (please). The 3DS is technically a portable Gamecube, therefore giving the developers a chance of actually making Ocarina of time 3D look better than it does now. Guess what? They didn't take advantage of that!

Last edited:
you say that isn't good enough for you, because the structures of the characters resemble a cartoonish style (please).

Lies and deceit. Graphical power is not the same as artistic direction.

link2000 said:
The 3DS is technically a portable Gamecube, therefore giving the developers a chance of actually making Ocarina of time 3D look better than it does now. Guess what? They didn't take advantage of that.

Ocarina 3D doesn't have characters that look like Bethesda's claylike models, like the video above.

What irony, rewatched that trailer earlier today by chance. :lol:

Burstin' your bubble straight away bro, the trailer is fan made. T'was released (or rather, "leaked") a few days prior to Ninty's Wii U reveal at whichever E3, and was quickly debunked as not official after Ninty's E3 showed no signs of a Majora's Mask reveal. ... So yeah, that fan-trailer's been 'round for over a year. Beastly ain't it?

Logic dictates me to consider you're trollin', but... ... ... Do some people really think that?

Lies and deceit. Graphical power is not the same as artistic direction.Ocarina 3D doesn't have characters that look like Bethesda's claylike models, like the video above.
The textures and foliage look rather detailed on this video; unlike bethseda's "Elder scrolls 4". Next time you make a statement about bethseda's games having waxed textures, make sure to state the game that you're referring to. Some people might find your argument a little misguided. As for Ocarina of time 3D: Of course the textures aren't clay/waxed looking, because the 3DS doesn't have the required hardware for that. Then you're implying that the Majora's Mask remake has a similar graphical appearance to Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion? Rub your eyes and look closer, friend.

What irony, rewatched that trailer earlier today by chance. :lol: Burstin' your bubble straight away bro, the trailer is fan made. T'was released (or rather, "leaked") a few days prior to Ninty's Wii U reveal at whichever E3, and was quickly debunked as not official after Ninty's E3 showed no signs of a Majora's Mask reveal. ... So yeah, that fan-trailer's been 'round for over a year. Beastly ain't it?
It's VERY beast! There was never a bubble to burst; for the fact that I had doubts myself. I was being hypothetical on this post.

Last edited:
what irony, rewatched that trailer earlier today by chance. :lol:

Burstin' your bubble straight away bro, the trailer is fan made. T'was released (or rather, "leaked") a few days prior to ninty's wii u reveal at whichever e3, and was quickly debunked as not official after ninty's e3 showed no signs of a majora's mask reveal. ... So yeah, that fan-trailer's been 'round for over a year. Beastly ain't it?

Logic dictates me to consider you're trollin', but... ... ... do some people really think that?
dag nabbit!!

Last edited:
I wasn't very hopeful that it was real the first time I saw it, but I did absolutely love the trailer. I felt it all nailed what represents Majora's Mask perfectly. ... Even with my extreme doubts, I was also rather disappointed that it turned out t' be fake.

dag nabbit!!

lol capslock

Even with my extreme doubts, I was also rather disappointed that it turned out t' be fake.

It is a disappointment, but I think the original N64 version will serve me a lifetime of entertainment.

Last edited:
Back