Legend of Zelda TP vs Oot

OOT is a great game, it kind of goes to the root of the zelda series! wonderful done game. one of the best N64 games ever released! TP is awesome! I never played it on the gamecube, I got the wii on the first day it came out! Same with zelda TP first game I got on wii! it reminded me of labrenth- with david bowii
ha ha!!!!! the gamme play is great for the wii! it would have sucked to play on the gamecube! if you still think OOT is better well it's a great game, TP is awesome one of the best game of the year!!!!!!!! I just want a next gen game for the wii not a port! is thhat just to much to ask!

How can Ocarina be better than Twilight? Twilight is what Ocarina wanted to be years ago, but couldn't due to technical limitations. Twilight is like Ocarina on steroids. All the same areas but MUCH bigger. Instead of one little Hyrule Field, we now have like 4 huge ones. Instead of some crappy circle of water inside a cave for a fishing area, we now have a huge one, with more land features, that changes seasons with each visit. We used to be limited to ranged weapons on horseback, now we can have awesome swordfights with other riders on horseback. Don't let nostalgia blind you, people. Ocarina is like some weenie rough draft of Twilight. Twilight is obviously the best.

TP is far better than OoT, but that' sonly my opinion ....... having said that, Link's Awakening on the Game Boy is the best of them all.

i loved Oot when it came out for N64, and i bought it again when they remastered it for Gc, but.... TP(wii) manages to surpass it's predecesores in nearly all things.

there are only a few things i did not like about TP(wii):

chickens.... i mean, ok... its cool to control them, but, i'f i had a choice
between controling a chicken for a few seconds, and having a mob of chickens fly out to kill me, well, i'd pick the ladder. killer chickens just make for a
better conversational peice.

fishing.... don't get me wrong, the fishing in TP9wii) is SWEET!!! its just that, the fish are all relativly the same size as as the rest of their species. i caught a 25" Pike, and it does not look much longer then the 20" pike i caught minutes before. even the Hylian Loach is un impressive. In Oot, you caught a 15" fish, meh, 20" WHOA, big size defrence. i also do not like looking at my caught fish and having Hena talk to me every time distructing my view.

music.... TP(wii) just did'nt deliver like Oot did in this department. Oot had some strong and rememberable music; used to go to school with the forest temple them stuck in my head. I barely even noticed the music in most of TP(wii), props to Agitha's Castle though, very nice.

wish there was a two handed sword like in Oot and Majora's Mask. twood be sweet. but now i'm just getting picky

other then that, TP(wii) is a master piece of story and gameplay; never cared about graphics when it game to games, but TP delivers there too.

those are my thoughts, not worth 3¢ i suppose.
let me know if u share my thoughts

You may have a point with the music. The music in OoT at the end is still very haunting but I think Twilight Princess did a pretty sweet job in that department as well. And yeah I wish there was a way we could kill the chickens or at least get them into a state of insanity. But yeah Twilight is Ocarina to the 1000th power. I mean Ocarina was good but you can't even compare the two.

right, and its hard to compare things from diffrent times. ohhh whats better, 70's, 80's, 90's, or the 00's? well clearly as time goes on, things only progress(Technoligy and Zelda games) with the few occasions where certain things receide(Matrix series).

Well I've heard enough and I'll have to make a few catiglories...

Sound. Winner: Ocarina of Time

don't get me wrong the Twilight Princess music was good, but where's the overworld theme! OoT's music as some of you said, very very good and catchy. Twilight Princess's music was bad compared to OoT

Graphics. Winner: Twilight Princess (very close)

Now remember that I am basing this on what the graphics could've been done when the game was made. The graphics in OoT were great in the 90's consoles, but the graphics in TP just blew me away. Link got a more mature look and everything looks amazing.

Controls. Winner: Twilight Princess

Motion Sensored controls make you feel like you're in the game. OoT's controls helped out a lot too since there is the Z-target, but remember that there is a Z-target in TP too.

Gameplay. Winner: Twilight Princess

The gameplay in OoT was great, but the vast land of hyrule in TP tops it by far. The awsome gameplay in TP has all the right fetures into great gameplay.

Dungeons. Winner: Ocarina of Time

The dungeons in Twilight Princess were good, but if you have played Ocarina of Time's dungeons, you will see a perfect example of how adventure games should be made.

Storyline. Winner: Ocarina of Time

As you have said, there's not much story of Link in TP, but OoT's story has Link all over it. And in OoT there are some side storys of how a story should be designed, and all the charicters all fit in perfectly into the game

So what game wins? you decide. this is just my opinion. 3/3. tie.

Don't forget the best part about Ocarina: The awesome hookshot! You could hook to any tree or anything made of wood! You didn't have to find some crappy red circle thing like with the lame "Clawshot." What a POS.

Back