Lego Indiana Jones First Look

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
During LucasArts' special preview event at the Presidio last week, the game publisher gave media members a first look at Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. The game, which is scheduled to launch this June following the release of the movie "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," is based on the highly successful Lego Star Wars series. In fact, the game is being developed by Lego Star Wars creator Traveller's Tales and uses the Lego Star Wars 2 game engine. The Original Adventures will include the first three Indiana Jones movies, and each film will get six levels.

Lego Indiana Jones replicates the movie series' most memorable scenes with some tongue-in-cheek humor, such as the iconic boulder booby trap.

LucasArts gave media members a tour of the beginning of the game, which starts with the opening of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in the Peruvian jungle. Like the Lego Star Wars titles, Lego Indiana Jones has some fun with its source material and isn't above spoofing the famous adventure series. The cut scenes involving the Hovitos and the memorable golden idol swap are hilarious; in the game, Indy uses a different object than the simple bag of sand in the film, and the idol itself has a new look (I won't ruin the surprise). By the sound of the laughter filling the LucasArts theater during the demo, I have a feeling the humorous touches for Lego Indiana Jones are going to be a hit with gamers.

The game has some hilarious cut scenes that spoof the original films with sly in-jokes, such as the pivotal idol switch from "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

In addition, LucasArts showed off the game's controls and mechanics. Indy's main weapon will be his bullwhip, which he can use to attack enemies, destroy objects, grab items, and swing from place to place. The Peruvian jungle level is full of additional booby traps and other perils as Indy and his treacherous sidekick Sapito (played by a very young Alfred Molina in the original film) leap and swing from platform to platform while solving various puzzles. According to LucasArts, Indy will usually have a sidekick character throughout the game to support multiplayer co-op (apparently, the sidekick AI is supposed to be quite strong for the single player mode).

Indy will use his bullwhip to attack foes, grab items and swing from place to place.

Some of the playable characters will include Indy's dad Prof. Henry Jones, Sallah, Short-Round, Marcus Brody, Capt. Katanga and others. Each playable character will have a trademark phobia; for example, Indy is afraid of snakes, Henry Jones is afraid of rats, and Willie Scott is terrified of insects (worst scene ever, by the way). The game will also feature a number of villains, some of whom will reportedly be playable. However, the Nazi bad guys won't really be Nazis anymore, as LucasArts and Traveller's Tales removed all references and symbols and simply changed the villains to ominous looking German soldiers (not sure how the game will handle the "Raiders" finale with the Ark melting people's faces or the infamous "The Temple of Doom" scene with Mola Ram rips that poor dude's heart out of his chest).

Lego Indiana Jones is scheduled for a June 27th launch on a multitude of platforms: PC, PlayStation 2 and 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 as well as handheld platforms Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable

i am loking forward to this game, being an indy fan. cant wait to whip some nazis with my wiimote. ftw. linkage

Not a fan of these Lego games, I'd much rather they did a proper version like they did with Fate Of Atlantis etc, same with the Star Wars one.

Back