Lens Cleaner

Chompy

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0002-2156
In getting a lens cleaner, do I *have* to get an expensive Wii lens cleaner or will a ten buck lens cleaner work just as well?

Thanks!!!!

You should only get one if you need one. And the official lens cleaner by Nintendo is almost guaranteed to work.

'Bloke, still a thing? What does that mean? By-the-bye, I had an Orange Winged Amazon; lived 25 years. His name was Hercule Parrot (pronounced 'Poirot'). Kiss your baby for me and skritch him on the back o'the neck. Make his eye dilate in my honor!

Tragonite... Come on. HOW am I supposed to know I need one? I'm using deductive reasoning. Skylanders is all wonky, and this is on the heels of Toy Story being wonky. It, Skylanders, keeps freezing up, characters keep poofing away, it goes to a black screen even though audio is okay, and you have to turn the machine off to fix these things. Or at least some of them, most of them.

I play the damn game a good 12 hours a day, or more. Wii is one year old. Not played all that much prior to the last two weeks, when it's been going non-stop all day. It's a wonder my Wii hasn't exploded. I'm thinking of putting a blowing fan directed on it. I'm afraid one day I'm going to find a melted disc. What a mess that would be.

So. Think I need a lens cleaner? I do!

Mine doesn't read disks at all. I'm not sure exactly how to solve your problem. Does the disk have any scratches on it?

No body needs a lens cleaner, in all my years ive never used one or have ever need to use one and things have been fine

Humpf. Disc looks perfect. Not a scratch or a smudge anywhere. Maybe I'll get an inexpensive disc cleaner and see what that does. I needed to use one on my old CD player and it really helped, it fixed the problem. I tend to live in old buildings and I have no idea where all the dust comes from, but come it does.

It's worth a try, don'tcha think, before buying a new Wii or new Skylanders?

I got the Wii specific lens cleaner and it worked like a charm. Got quite a bit of blackish dust off and the freezing up of the discs has stopped. I am a happy camper.

Back