Letter To Nintypants

el-zilcho

...:..:..:..:..:..
Sep 25, 2007
the cellar
Wii Online Code
2889-0567-4141-1338
After reading through this thread http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/40981-different-wiimote-cursors.html#post731804

I thought it would be a good idea to create a letter to send to ninty expressing the ideas that peolple on this forum have concerning the wii menu /settings etc

So if I start by writing a 1st draft , the next poster should copy and paste this, add thier own ideas , and/or correct and change it accordingly .
Then the next poster should do the same .

So in the end we should have a letter written by all of us that we can all individually send and see what happens

But please keep the ideas serious and simple and only concerning menu/options/settings

no we want a headset etc

And if thier are spelling or grammar mistakes , no bitching , just fix it .

I wonder if this will last

OK

Dear Nintendo

I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat . We are an established and growing internet community with over ??? members .

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we have as a whole ceated in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the wii menu and options settings .
Some of the most popular ideas are as follows .
Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours , screensavers , clocks , borders and fonts .

We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to thier wii experience

Yours faithfully
the members of wiichat

ok its just a draft

Last edited:
el-zilcho said:
After reading through this thread http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/40981-different-wiimote-cursors.html#post731804

I thought it would be a good idea to create a letter to send to ninty expressing the ideas that peolple on this forum have concerning the wii menu /settings etc

So if I start by writing a 1st draft , the next poster should copy and paste this, add thier own ideas , and/or correct and change it accordingly .
Then the next poster should do the same .

So in the end we should have a letter written by all of us that we can all individually send and see what happens

But please keep the ideas serious and simple and only concerning menu/options/settings

no we want a headset etc

And if thier are spelling or grammar mistakes , no bitching , just fix it .

I wonder if this will last

OK

Dear Nintendo

I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat . We are an established and growing internet community with over ??? members .

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we have as a whole ceated in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the wii menu and options settings .
Some of the most popular ideas are as follows .
Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours , screensavers , clocks , borders and fonts .

We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to thier wii experience

Yours faithfully
the members of wiichat

ok its just a draft

I like it, though i wouldnt expect to get a reply other then the generic garbage their customer service are told to say:lol: Its good to think we can make suggestions though so im for it.

thing is if a load of us send the same letter ie: all those who contribute to this thread , then maybe it will make a bigger impact . I realise its more than likely a waste of time but i thought why not give it a punt !

dont forget to paste and edit the letter if you have any input or corrections .

Dear Nintendo

I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat . We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members .

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we have as a whole created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the wii menu and options settings .
Some of the most popular ideas are as follows :

Yours faithfully
the members of wiichat

My version:

Dear Nintendo

I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii menu and options settings.
Some of the most popular ideas are as follows:
Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. We would also enjoy a VC channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all your VC games in it

We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to their Wii experience

Yours faithfully
The members of wiichat

rofl, spaming nintys inbox with the same letter is a great idea!:scared: my theory is if we just send it that much they will comply with our demands. Thoughts?..... i honestly dont think they care that much what we have to say. I think someone said in another thread that they're a multi million dollar company...they obviously are doing something right in their eyes

Oh, so we could fix it? All right, I'll take Wii_Smurf's Version, and fix that. :p

Dear Nintendo,

I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii menu and options settings.
Customizable menu options such as additional cursors and colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all your VC games in it.

We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

brendo said:
rofl, spaming nintys inbox with the same letter is a great idea!:scared: my theory is if we just send it that much they will comply with our demands. Thoughts?..... i honestly dont think they care that much what we have to say. I think someone said in another thread that they're a multi million dollar company...they obviously are doing something right in their eyes

ok fair comment brendo but this thread is not for debating whether we should send a letter or not , its for creating a letter that WILL be sent

so although i understand and in many ways agree with you , please only post if you wish to add to the letter in order to include your ideas or improve its effectiveness .

@ smurf and wiiwouldlike2play good good

Last edited:
Dear Nintendo,

I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it.

We believe that most of these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

You should include something like this too, because you say your gonna talk about a few issues but you only say one.

The WiiChat community, as well as the majority of the Wii Community in general, does not appreciate friend codes. The thing is, friend codes turn off the casual gamer just as much as the hardcore. Having to input 16+ digits per game (or whatever number it is--edit the number in) could potentially turn off casual gamers to the online experience, and definitely turn them off to the Wii system, and maybe video games in general. A simplified means of online, such as a username, would fix this. We know friend codes are for the protection of some, but there are parental controls on the wii that could further increase the security if implemented and publicized properly, and we believe it is in Nintendo's best interest to simplify online efforts to a single username, or possibly a mii with a username, so that multiple accounts could be provided per wii.

samXcor3 said:
You should include something like this too, because you say your gonna talk about a few issues but you only say one.

The WiiChat community, as well as the majority of the Wii Community in general, does not appreciate friend codes. The thing is, friend codes turn off the casual gamer just as much as the hardcore. Having to input 16+ digits per game (or whatever number it is--edit the number in) could potentially turn off casual gamers to the online experience, and definitely turn them off to the Wii system, and maybe video games in general. A simplified means of online, such as a username, would fix this. We know friend codes are for the protection of some, but there are parental controls on the wii that could further increase the security if implemented and publicized properly, and we believe it is in Nintendo's best interest to simplify online efforts to a single username, or possibly a mii with a username, so that multiple accounts could be provided per wii.

point well made but this letter is only for issues regarding the wii menu/options/settings/display etc and not to do with actual gaming .
So the content of your post should be included in a different letter entirely .

------------------------------------

Dear Nintendo,

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii display ,menu , options and settings.
Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it.

We believe that most of these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

Last edited:
Good idea.
I am not trying to sound like a downer..but I don't think the big guys at Nintendo care about us little people here at WiiChat.
Despite how awesome we may be :lol:

In my opinion we should let the moderation/administration decide on a final draft before sending this to Nintendo.

It's not exactly official if a bunch of members send it, because other members may not agree with what you're saying.

radical said:
In my opinion we should let the moderation/administration decide on a final draft before sending this to Nintendo.

It's not exactly official if a bunch of members send it, because other members may not agree with what you're saying.

good point , I agree completely

im really hoping to get more input into the letter from more members too

I'm sure that they do weed through the needless mail, but they always take into account what the public wants. If they make stuff that the public hates, then Nintendo runs out of $$ and fails.

I'm sure if we constructed a well organized, grammatically correct letter, we might get some attention. It won't get any attention if everyone sends their own individual copy with poor grammar and spelling.

Back