Letter To Nintypants

JAKE196 said:
yeah send one copy and get permision from the admins or w/e.

include internet channel keyboard support and SD/Hard drive direct memory usage!

ok Jake and everyone else with ideas , COPY and PASTE the letter first and then include your thoughts and/or corrections etc in it

this is the whole point of this thread , to improve the letter and expand on the ideas of each member that cotributes , post by post

please only post to edit the letter according to your ideas or to give advice such as radicals suggestion

Ok no offense but there are many other much more important features that this community as a whole wants that are not listed in your message and to jake196 the Wii already has full keyboard support on everything.

And if you want to get some attention send it directly to Reggie or one of the other high up executives in an actual letter. also getting approval from the admin and having them create it is a much better idea then just a couple members.

Last edited:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Ok no offense but there are many other much more important features that this community as a whole wants that are not listed in your message and to jake196 the Wii already has full keyboard support on everything.

And if you want to get some attention send it directly to Reggie or one of the other high up executives in an actual letter. also getting approval from the admin and having them create it is a much better idea then just a couple members.
Last time I checked usb keyboards only worked on the shop channel on message board, has there been another update?

EDIT: ah i see, on oct. 10 it was added

Last edited:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Ok no offense but there are many other much more important features that this community as a whole wants that are not listed

*bangs head against wall*

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DEBATING THE IDEA OF WRITING LETTERS TO NINTENDO .
IT IS ONLY CONCERNED WITH COMPILING A LIST OF SUGGESTIONS TO PUT FORWARD TO NINTENDO IN THE FORM OF A LETTER .
ONLY FEATURES CONCERNED WITH WII MENU/DISPLAY/OPTIONS/SETTINGS ARE TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS LETTER
IT IS ONLY IDEAS PERTAINING TO THESE FEATURES THAT WILL BE CONSIDERED RELEVANT

THE MOST IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT OF A POST IN THIS THREAD IS TO EXPAND AND IMPROVE UPON THE LETTER BY PASTING IT AND EDITING IT ACCORDINGLY
PLEASE IF YOUR POST IS NOT MADE IN THIS WAY OR IS NOT ACTIVELY CONTRUCTIVE , THEN DONT POST

Here is an example letter that I have created

Nintendo of America Inc
www.nintendo.com

4820 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 882-2040

Reggie Fils-Aime:

As a Wii fan site we have many ideas of how to improve the Wii and as a whole would like to express them to you. The Wii is a very ingenious console that gives us hours of fun and enjoyment but lacks the ability to change the menu in ways we would like to. If the menu had themes that we could modify and change off of SD cards or exchange with other users this would create a sense of individuality that would greatly increase of enjoyment of the system. Another thing that would be great for the system would be a better form of communication while playing games on the Nintendo Wi-Fi service. Voice chat and improved text messaging while online would greatly improve game play for us especially in games that require team work. We understand that Nintendo wants to keep its younger consumers safe but is it not realistic to include these features as you have done in games for the NDS. We love our Virtual Console games but it has become a problem to store them all on the Wii when it has only 512mb of storage and does not support USB storage devices or direct read off of SD cards. We know that Piracy is a problem but both Sony and Microsoft have a hard drive in thier system why much we not have the same thing in our loved Wiis. If you allowed support for SDHC cards (if possible) and possible an external USB storage device and direct access to the SD cards this would greatly improve things for this situation. Another problem that we face is that some of us do not have enough space on the menu for Virtual Console titles if it would be possible to create a channel which organizes the virtual console titles and keeps them nice and tidy that would be awesome. We have many other ideas of which I would like to express in this email but seeing as you are a very busy person I will not do so.

Thanks very much for your wonderful products,
WiiChat.com Wii Fan Site

Dear Nintendo,

I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii display, menu, options and settings.
Some of the most popular ideas are as follows:
Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it. We would also like SD cards to be able to be used as system memory, to allow for downloadable content.

We believe that most of these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

--------------------------------------------

just what i think you don't have to add it if you don't want to.

Thank you jake !!!!!!!

on topic and what this thread is all about

el-zilcho said:
Thank you jake !!!!!!!

on topic and what this thread is all about

I rewrote your letter in the appropriate business format and to the person it should be address to if you want any response out of it if you decided not to use it your loss.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
I rewrote your letter in the appropriate business format and to the person it should be address to if you want any response out of it if you decided not to use it your loss.

it's a good letter but Nintendo already said they are not gonna make a Hard Drive.

Nintendo has said many things but they are quick to change their minds and in my letter it was asking for support for external devices not for Nintendo to make thier own.

Cool idea! Isn't a clock already on the Wii Menu though? This would be the new draft...

Dear Nintendo,

I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii display, menu, options and settings.
Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, borders and fonts. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it. We would also like SD cards to be able to be used as system memory, to allow for downloadable content.

We believe that most of these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

Actually nintendo has to read all the mail.. Remember we make nintendo in some way. If we gamers don't buy then they don't sell. So they must at least listen or read what their customers have to say. And we need to make it the most accurate and interesting for them to take this serious. I think we should also try getting their attention through everybody votes channel because they actually do read the polls you create. And they eventually use them in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Nintendo,

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii display ,menu , options and settings.
Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ability to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds . These could actually be done through pack and depending in each costumer they would decide to download them or not from the wii shop channel.

Also having special themes for the wii menu like in christmas changing some colors and cursors. Eventhough the wii has a very good software appearance it would be nice to have new look once in a while and we are sure people would like this idea. Every person would like to have their own personal look in their Wii's.

We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it.

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

Link_of_Hyrule said:

I like your letter is not that I am taking sides but I have been researching and Link's letter is the profesional way of doing it...if we could make the whole draft that we are doing with zilcho's letter and then Link polishes it so that it is presented in the correct way for finally having admins read it and decide to give us a go. Would be the best for us to do.

Dear Nintendo,

We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii display ,menu , options and settings.
Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ability to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds . These could actually be done through pack and depending in each costumer they would decide to download them or not from the wii shop channel.

Also having special themes for the wii menu like in Christmas changing some colors and cursors. Eventhough the wii has a very good software appearance it would be nice to have new look once in a while and we are sure people would like this idea. Every person would like to have their own personal look in their Wii's.

We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

Yours faithfully,
The members of Wiichat

Back