Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

level of competition

Discussion in 'Mario Strikers Charged' started by jhathaway, Oct 17, 2007.

1. jhathaway

jhathaway WiiChat Member

has anyone else noticed that in the last 1-2 months the level of competition for MSC has gone waaaaaaaay up??

i mean, without sounding to cocky, i was a pretty decent player ... consistently about 20-25 games above .500 each season/week. lately though i'm lucky if i can get 5 games above .500. i'm trying to have 100 more total wins that losses (record stands at 179-86) but i am having a HELL of a time getting there.

i generally try to play a clean game (i.e. ho hammer spamming, no jumping over the goalie with toad, no going through the goalie with boo etc.) but there are dozens of NEW cheap little moves everybody seems to be using. i played one guy who scored 8 goals on 9 shots about 1 minute into the game, so although i try to play nice ... i disconnected (i don't care if i take the loss and lose points, i'm not gonna let a cheap a$$*ole like that take the win).

anyways has anyone else noticed this too

2. BigORhyme

BigORhyme "And the food? Good?!"

Dude, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but please let me reiterate that... TOAD, ALONG WITH CHARACTERS LIKE BOO, ARE DESIGNED TO SCORE WITH THESE SO CALLED CHEAP TACTICS, just because you're losing to these players, it's absolutely no excuse to disconnect. No matter how badly you are losing, you are a LOSER when you disconnect on a player that is beating you.
    I'm sorry if I sound mean but.... YOU ARE A LOSER WHEN YOU DISCON AGAINST A BETTER PLAYER. There's just no excuse.

3. Warwick

Warwick WiiChat Member

what u cant adapt to tricks or something? why do u go around calling tricks cheap? i use whatever scores and have u ever heard of mid-court chips, serve it ups, serve it ins, waffles etc.? those all take skill to master so dont start crying that they are cheap just cuz u cant do them. also and by any chance was the guy that owned u named [wt]bug

4. jhathaway

jhathaway WiiChat Member

OH PLEASE ... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! i didn't say i don't know how to pull all those lame ass cheap moves, it's just plain CHEAP!!!! so i avoid doing it because only people who suck at the game have to win like that.

i will keep disconnecting against any weiner who scores this way so i hope i play against you often.

now if i can still win more than 50% of my games by not being cheap, you jerks who constantly play cheap obviously don't know how to play the game fairly. c'mon how does it take SKILL to roll dry bones into the net, transport into the net with waluigi, transport through with boo... thats just lame. i'd love to play a match with you where we both play fairly. i'd hand your ass too you

5. laderer5

laderer5 Wii > Xbox360 +PS3

Wii Friend Code: 6636-1630-0874-1365
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Actually during the 1st player mode the computer Toad jumped my goalie, then their captain Waluigi teleported in, so if CPU's are programmed with this it isnt cheap or a trick, it's just part of the game..

6. dodabird

dodabird dodabird

i agree with both sides of the argument. i believe that yes, those "cheap" moves are meant to be used against the goalie, but that doesn't detract from its origin of actually being cheap; fair or not, it's still cheap. personally, i believe in a fair game, like jhathaway. but i also believe that a fair game may incorporate, once or twice, a "cheap" move. so long as the player doesn't rely entirely on these moves and only uses it in moderation, it's fine. i try and be an all-around player--i can score with everyone on my team (toad, birdo, hammer bro., and el capitan Mario/Luigi), and they don't have to be cheap moves.

7. Warwick

Warwick WiiChat Member

oh so u wanna play like that huh then bring it on i dont need anything special to beat u. and FYI when i say trick i dont me the gay little teleport move i mean the chips that take precise timing and intense practice. another thing ranked people r crappy and i dont care about records because its sooo easy to win in ranked these days that i hardly ever play it. so post ur fc if u wanna get owned sometime

p.s. tommorow is the last day of the week i can play so hope to own u then. and ill change my team up a bit so u dont start crying when u lose.

#7 Warwick, Oct 17, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  8. BigORhyme

Let's remain civil people! I didn't mean to offend you or anyone with my commentary, but you have to realize that the game is constantly evolving. Everyone is getting better.
    So, see you guys online!
    356595-967869!!

9. jhathaway

jhathaway WiiChat Member

"the chips that take precise timing and intense practice" hahahahahaha

sounds like you need to get a life, put down your wii, come out of your room once in awhile and maybe try getting a girlfriend (and no online girlfriends don't count, sorry) .... seriously buddy are you so good because the only way you get to feel like a man is to be someone at an online video game ... THATS JUST SAD!!!

i have better things to do than sit for hours and find everytiny little lame ass cheap move there is in the game. try to win with real SKILL

chump

10. Warwick

Warwick WiiChat Member

what u think i dont have a life i barely play maybe five hours at most a week. i spend most of my time out w/ my friends and at school and i barely have time for games and there r much better things in life than this game.and as far as skill goes shooting is all luck chips take skill u have to get the timing down right for chips and all u do for shooting is press the B button, wheres the skill in that? and y dont u put up ur fc too afraid to play me?

11. manufan15

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The moves aren't cheap, their part of the game. Anyways, I haven't played in a long time because of my elbow fracture so I think pretty much anyone can beat me right now. lol.

12. BigORhyme

You both have to realize that this kind of fighting gets you nowhere. Nobody thinks they've been out-argued. Hooray, now you both feel superior to each other, and have failed to realize the game is supposed to be a fun diversion played by friendly sportsmen.
    Just like any sport, or sports game, it takes alot of skill, and a touch of luck to successfully score in any situation.
    You guys both need to calm down!

13. dodabird

dodabird dodabird

yes, calm down. and try and keep the positivity in this site.

14. 1up Wolf

1up Wolf WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3891-8485-5788-7340
    3891-8485-5788-7340
    Cheap or not, lame or not, techniques are techniques and if you can't get by them, learn how too. It's worse to sit around and get annoyed by it rather then learn how to get around it/do it yourself. My 2 cents.

15. Warwick

Warwick WiiChat Member

thank you thats what i have been trying to say

16. smyth

smyth Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr

Wii Friend Code: 3517-9799-4262-2418
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    First off i suck at this game, everyone i've played online has handed me my own a$$ but to say it's cheap because i don't know how to do the stuff they do(i don't discon either, i take my whooping fair and square). I know you aren't saying you can't do it, you're saying that you chose not to. I would find it cheap if someone constantly pulled the same trick over and over again or used some sort of code or alike. But the tricks you seem to be talking about are basically what the game is all about. If these "tricks" weren't employed in the game they would be extremely low scoring as the goalie would stop almost anything.But if that's the case it sounds like you're looking for Fifa instead of MSC. It's like playing a fighting game and getting mad that someone used a combo, or playing madden when someone fake punts.
    Just my opinion.

Kyle-AKA possibly the worst stikers player of all time.
    (i'll post my FC later, i'm at work now, so if someone wants some relatively easy wins just play me :D)

17. jhathaway

jhathaway WiiChat Member

"If these "tricks" weren't employed in the game they would be extremely low scoring as the goalie would stop almost anything"

Not true ... like i said before, i try to play a clean game with good passes to charge up the ball and just regular shots with the good shooters on my team, and i can score about 4-5 goals a game. unlike what that douche warwick says, scoring like THAT takes skill ... jumping over the goalie, transporting into the net, even chip shots to yourself are all cheap moves for an easy score.

and to respond to Big-o-rhyme's last post :
    i agree with you ... all i did was start a post to mention how the level of competition in the game has gone up and how i will continue to disconnect against any player who can ONLY score these ways ... like dodabird said generally most of the players i play against use these tactics maybe 2-3 times a game which is fine, if i lose to them, i'll take it. its those pansies (warwick) who score 10 goals a game without one skillful goal that i refuse to let win.

i'll i was trying to do was start a thread about how everybody seems to be getting better and warwick had to pipe up and wag his dick around trying to be a big man about how he is SOOOOO good at these CHEAP moves

18. smyth

smyth Asstnt to the Rgnl Mngr

Wii Friend Code: 3517-9799-4262-2418
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    i'm not saying it doesn't take skill to score a goal basically any which way in the game. all i'm saying is i wouldn't call it cheating if the programmers of the game intended it to be part of regular play. I'll continue to take losses from whomever i play however they play since an online gaming record really doesn't mean anything to me anyway.

kyle

19. luigi fanatic

luigi fanatic WiiChat Member

Hey Jhathaway, what region are you from? If u want a match sometime, that'd be great.

20. Wiily Good

Wiily Good WiiChat Member

If you don't like Boo going through the goalie, Toad jumping the goalie, Waluigi, Daisy and Dry Bones teleporting into the goal or Diddy Kong jumping the goalie, don't give them a chance to do so. That of do it straight back at them. They are not cheap moves, they are DEFENDABLE moves that are part of the game.

That said, If I'm beating someone 10 - 0, and that person is obviously a beginner, I'm not going to crush their spirits by constantly doing fancy moves, whether they be the ones I've mentioned or simpler things like Shy Guys skillshot. I don't want to discourage them from playing.