Link etc.. Final Smashes

Eddienoteddy

mii love wii
Feb 13, 2007
CT
Wii Online Code
1656-4947-1080-8284
How exactly do i conduct my final smash with Link?

Unlike others like Fox, who when you get the smash ball all you do is hit B and your final smash is executed

With link you need to be what?..right in front of someone to use it?..touching someone?

I can see how its fair because Fox's is not a guaranteed kill, whereas Link's is..thus the increased difficulty

For Link, you must first acquire the Smash Ball. Next, press 'B' BUT, you must be facing the enemy and be within a short distance of him/her. Then the Final Smash should be performed.

thanks man, thats what i thought i just wasn't sure...Link is flippin awesome

Basically, you have to be close enough for a normal melee attack to have his smash connect. Same with Meta-Knight.

Basically, you have to be close enough for a normal melee attack to have his smash connect. Same with Meta-Knight.

Edit: Wow, triple posted. Sorry about that, computer lag. If a Mod comes through, please delete two of these posts. Sorry.

Last edited:
Yes make sure you are near the person. A good tip is to not be by any walls or anything like that because his smash is really good, it will probably knock them right off the stage if there is nothing blocking them.

Also, when playing with better players, make sure they are not shielding when you do it, or the little triforce you throw at them will not work and your final smash in turn will not work.

As a nice trick, if they are shielding, grab them, forward throw and as soon as you do, hit B. If you wait too long, they will recover and probably airdodge to avoid it.

One other option is to jump then quickly boomerang, when it comes back to you, it will come down behind your opponent, thus pulling them towards you where you can easily final smash them.

The trick is to get them off-balance, then unleash it. Also, if they have a high damage count, don't just do a final smash (unless its their last life, of course). Try to use the opportunity to B-Up them and go for a double kill.

When Link uses his final smash, a little zap of light from his triforce shoots out form the front. If it connects, then he commences the attack.

Back