Link or Mario

fahq1977

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2008
I know I cannot go wrong with either game, but I wanted advice on which people preferred.

Bought this system so my wife and I could play video games, but need something more than two months of wii sports. Have enough for EITHER Zelda or Galaxy, but the two seem equal. I'm partial to Link myself, but wanted input, and would a non-traditional gamer (i.e., my wife) be more inclined to play one over the other?

Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.

well seeing as your wife is a non-traditional gamer, i'd say she would most likely have a go at super mario galaxy then twighlight princess because TP is a swordplay game and that might not be interesting or make your wife want to play it. but i think u might enjoy TP more then SMG but both are great games so either one is fine.

Zelda is more than a swordfighting game. It's a puzzle/problem solving game first and foremost. Heck, you spend a lot of time as a wolf.

go with galaxy. it's got a smaller learning curve than zelda and is unbelievably addicting =)

I'd say get mario now and then when your done with it buy zelda.

They are both amazing games... well good luck :D

zelda is better but for your wife i would say get galaxy, everyone seems to like playing it

Pity you didnt have enough funds for both.

But for now I would say SMG. A lot of it is easy, but certain stars take a bit of effort.

I would go with SMG as well. My wife (not a gamer either) enjoys watching me play galaxy, but could really care less about zelda.

Don't get me wrong, both are good, but there is a definite "fun" factor with Galaxy. Not to mention a relatively easy learning curve and addictive gameplay.

Good luck and enjoy.

Zelda is not a "pick up and play" game. You have to have a good couple of hours each play session.

Super Mario Galaxy on the other hand, is great just to kill 1/2 an hour. It is truly addictive.

Mario ftw. Link is good, but Mario will be a much better choice imo. As others have stated, more people can pick up and enjoy Mario then they can with Zelda.

mparty5_mario_2.jpg

I have both. Wife enjoys both. :) She likes Zelda as we play together, with her keeping track of quests, items, where we are going etc. She like SMG as we can also play it's co-op and it's a blast in general.

If I had to only have ONE for now, I'd probably opt for SMG. It's FUN for anyone if you ask me, and is most likely going to be shorter than Zelda. Once you finish it, you have to have Zelda as it's a Nintendo tradition just like Mario. :)

Back