Linksys WRT54G v5

CaliforniaBeachUSA

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I really need help. My internet is working fine and so is my router, I just can't get the settings right. What system specs does my router need to be on to connect with the Wii? I've heard WEP doesn't work, WPA TSIK works, Mac filters, etc. What should I do because I keep getting 52130 errors and I know there is just a setting that I'm doing wrong.

I just bought the same router Tuesday and im having Zero problems. Im not sure what Version it is, but it should be whatever is the newest. Im using 64bit WEP without a bit of a problem also. Have you tried restoring the default settings on the router?

Make sure you're broadcasting in mixed mode and not g-only. That's been my only hangup so far with a similar router.

Try changing the wireless signal to channel 9 from the default of channel 6. This has fixed mine and any others probalems I have helped here locally.

Wow I actually have this router as well, and I'm fine with WEP settings. If you remember your username and password for the router, go here: http://192.168.1.1/ go to Wireless Security choose security setting WEP. Leave the default transmit key at 1. Put the WEP Encryption at 128 bits 26 hex digits. Enter a passphrase (anything easy for you to remember) then click generate and write down the first key numbers.

what Kamikaze said, but basically when you go to your router settings also see what Security you are using. Most likely you are using one of the WAP settings, just try to find out which one. That was what my problem was before, not puting in the encryption code (didn't know I had to), just click on the appropriate one ie WAP(TIK) and it should bring up a keyboard.

The way I fixed it on my WRT54G V.6 Was that instead of using the 2mb transmission speed I used the 6 mb like on my WRT54GC and it works really good. So that should fix your problem...caused it worked for me :thumbsup:

Check to see if you have MAC filtering enabled. If you can't even connect to the router then this is most likely your problem.

Battousai2 said:
Make sure you're broadcasting in mixed mode and not g-only. That's been my only hangup so far with a similar router.
Thank you. Was banging my head on the table for hours trying to figure out which setting was screwing me up. Cheers!

Back