Linksys WRT54G

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElixXxeR

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
I currently don't live with my parents (in college), but when I go home, I would like to be able to keep my Wii connected to the internet. On Nintendowifi.com, the Linksys WRT54G version 2 and 3 are listed as compatible with the Wii, but no mention of version one. Does anybody have any experience or know if the original WRT54G router will work with the Wii? Thanks.

Yeah, it should work just fine. Just about any wireless router that supports wireless b or better should work.

intekmdma said:
It works. That's what i'm using right now ><
Thanks a lot. And hey, to hijack my own thread, I like your car. I drive a Corrado myself.

i have that router (bought last friday) version 6 and downloaded the most current firmware and everything worked great one thing put the channel of the router on 1 not the factory set at 6

i have same router - broadcasting ssid on channel 11 works perfect!

ElixXxeR said:
Thanks a lot. And hey, to hijack my own thread, I like your car. I drive a Corrado myself.

haha nice, watcha got in the corrado? See the new ones coming out in 2008? SWEET!

pokey100 said:
i have that router (bought last friday) version 6 and downloaded the most current firmware and everything worked great one thing put the channel of the router on 1 not the factory set at 6

Where did you get the latest firmware... i went to the linksys sight and the latest version that have is like from 2003-2004 i think

I used to have that router and never had a problem with it. Nice to hear that it works fine with the Wii.

i have the WRT54G v 2.2 and only way my Wii works on it is if i make it use B band instead of G its sucks cuz its slower but at least it works lol.....

not true u can use mixed mode for other devices to use G but Wii does use B/G its just it seems a few routers namely Linksys ones of different models i have read have had issues.... its not the Wii its the router... Wii DOES use B or G

and btw my computer uses LAN cables so i am connected anyhow and Wii is not 3 feet from router lol works great in B tho just a lil slow ooo well thats life!

I had to change from G to mixed mode to use the Wii with my Netgear router. All spec sheets that I've found say that the Wii uses b/g but the evidence says otherwise from what I've seen. Maybe it hasn't yet been implemented in the firmware.

It has been from the start Netgear models(few) and Linksys Has issues its not a too wide spread issue but it is known Nintendo may fix this in a better Wifi update or whatever till then ppl like us just have to use the B band..... as u can tell it detects and sets up on G band but will not make a connection on G... is the Wii but then again its isolated to just a few brands/models or routers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back