List of Compatible routers

The Netopia 2247NWG-VGx router works perfectly with the Wii but barely works with the DS

Netgear WGT624v3 works perfectly after you disable the 'Extended Range' feature. Also using Version 2.0.16_1.0.1 Firmware. Don't have a DS to test, but I'm sure that would work fine. I have a mate who has one, so I might get him to try it out sometime in the near future...maybe...

I have the DI-524 by Dlink and I have not been able to get it to detect my Wii I have done it manually and automatically and I still get error codes. Some say it is a firewall issue although the router firewall sttings say it is off. I have it secured but I have correctly put in my wep key and ssid and nothing works. My PSP's can connect with no problems and I have updated the firmware. I have tried channel 1, 11, 7, and I believe 6 and nothing. Any clues?
Thanks
Fletch

p.s. I am going to mess with the mac filter and see what I get will post later.

Last edited:
fletching said:
I have the DI-524 by Dlink and I have not been able to get it to detect my Wii I have done it manually and automatically and I still get error codes. Some say it is a firewall issue although the router firewall sttings say it is off. I have it secured but I have correctly put in my wep key and ssid and nothing works. My PSP's can connect with no problems and I have updated the firmware. I have tried channel 1, 11, 7, and I believe 6 and nothing. Any clues?
Thanks
Fletch

p.s. I am going to mess with the mac filter and see what I get will post later.

I have the DI-524 and the WBR-2310, I have played with practically all the settings on both devices and found if security is set to WPA2 the Wii will detect the connection but will not pass the connection test. I though Wii was compatible with WPA2, maybe it's something to do with D-link routers...Anyway, set your security to just WPA2-Auto and you'll see when you configure on the Wii it gets dropped down to WPA. Enjoy your Wii online!

If anyone's wondering I prefer the DI-524 with the Wii. The WBR-2310 has a nicer interface and more features but these will go unused on the Wii or just get in the way. Connecting to internet or shopping channel was slow with frequent disconnects (even with firmware updated). The 524 on the other hand is great with the Wii. The interface looks older but I find it's less cluttered and easier to use. I was surprised to see pages loading on my Wii in a second or two instead of 10-15 seconds with the 2310. Originally I thought these problems were associated with the Wii. Both devices were horrible before flashing the latest firmware so that's the first thing anyone with either device should do.

ewww d-link...
that and me have had bad experiences

I am a Starcraft gamer and i need the best internet.. i suggest anything belkin (Ghostnet)
I am getting 108.8 Mbps
Very strong signal strength
and it never disconnects
and its all wireless

I would say before posting if a router works or not, the user should check to make sure their firmware is up to date.

Nick111 said:
ewww d-link...
that and me have had bad experiences
Agreed. Every DLink product I've owned before my current router and modem (wireless network cards and a router) have sucked big time. I had denounced my use of dlink products for some years before I picked these up. I went with the router after reading good reviews and I went with the modem after a friend of mine used it and recommended it. I still refuse to use dlink wireless network adapters.

I think that threads like this should go into some type of FAQ's on the site. This way all the forum members don't have to search thru all the posts. Just have one of the mods kinda make a list and create a link or something that shows the compatible routers. Just a thought.

I'm not sure of the manufacturer (maybe Inventel ?) but the Orange/Wanadoo Livebox works fine with the Wii.

I think these might only be available in the UK.

Last edited:
Back