List of Stores Doing Midnight Launch?

ghost.d0wn

WiiChat Member
Oct 30, 2006
Does anyone know the stores that are doing the midnight launch? Here are some stores I have in mind to go to....

1. Best Buy
  2. Walmart
  3. Sam's Club
  4. Target
  5. EB Games
  6. Toys R Us

The best buy near me is not doing a midnight launch. but they are also getting 105 wii. Figured i would just sit in the car until 50 or 60 people get there.

Warwick4 said:
The best buy near me is not doing a midnight launch. but they are also getting 105 wii. Figured i would just sit in the car until 50 or 60 people get there.

Holy ****, are you serious? How do you know? And where do you live?

Ha I called my walmart it's a 24/7 one here's their response

"Hi this is Walmart how may I help you?"

Me, "Yeah, may I speak to the person in charge of the electronics section"

"Yes, one moment"

"This is the electronics section"

Me "Hi, do you know how many nintendo Wii's you will be getting?"

"Well I know it comes out on the 19th, but I haven't seen any paper work on it"

Me "Oh ok do you know if you will be doing a midnight launch?"

"Umm, I still haven't seen any paper work on it"

Me "Oh well ok thank you bye"

"Bye"

Wow, that was helpful, I guess I'll have to wait until a few days before the 19th to know for sure

Uh yeah and I just called my two closest Bestbuys and they have no frigg'n idea what is going on. The people that work there are not only miserable but completely incompetent. I wish I knew how many each store was getting.

Just called my local Walmart, a old lady answered in the electronics department, asked somone else (She thought I said Nintendo V) and she said there will be a midnight launch but she didn't know how many they would be getting.

I think most wal-mart supercenters are doing it. I know I have 3 in the town I live in and all 3 of them said they are doing it. So I'd assume most if not all Super wally worlds are gonna have it available at midnight.

daddyfatsackz said:
I went to 3 of my walmarts all doin midnite launch, no info on how many, but at least I know where to go to line up.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but the Raiders need to kick the **** out of the Seahags tonight so the Rams can stay tied for #1 in NFC West:yesnod:

Go Raidaz.:cornut:

ABC said:
Holy ****, are you serious? How do you know? And where do you live?

I live in akron ohio. I have a buddy who works at best buy. I went up there and talked to him about it, he told me that is the number of wii they are getting. He was pretty confident about the number.

Warwick4 said:
I live in akron ohio. I have a buddy who works at best buy. I went up there and talked to him about it, he told me that is the number of wii they are getting. He was pretty confident about the number.

I was gunna say, rihgt after I read your posts I called a few Best Buys and not only are they not doing a midnight release, they had no idea how many they were getting... or they proabably do know, but just aren't saying so they get more customers.

ABC said:
I was gunna say, rihgt after I read your posts I called a few Best Buys and not only are they not doing a midnight release, they had no idea how many they were getting... or they proabably do know, but just aren't saying so they get more customers.

Hmm yes that is strange. I will ask him where is got this number from and let you know. He did tell me that his best buy is getting the most in the state.

Warwick4 said:
Hmm yes that is strange. I will ask him where is got this number from and let you know. He did tell me that his best buy is getting the most in the state.

Thanks man. I live in New Jersey, 5 miles outside of New York City. I am probably in the most populated area per square mile in the country... which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Good because each store will surely get more Wii's than less populated area, but bad because there is a shitload more people trying to buy one. I am just hoping that everyone in this area hates the Wii... :lol:

Back