List Of Upcoming Quality Wii Games

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
Apparently during the transition of WiiChat, I lost my account and the list, luckily I had it on other sites. Here you go:

------------------------------------------------------------
I made this list of release dates of only games that are quality. Not a list including so much of the shovelware games Wii gets. If there are any games missing, please just post it. Same goes if anything should be taken off.

All release dates are for the North American release.

(E)- Exclusive among 7th generation home consoles

I will try to update the list. So a sticky would help if you all feel its deserved. If not, I'll just bump it whenever I update it.

Confirmed Games

Little King Story- July 21 (E)
Wii Sports Resort- July 26 (E)

Phantom Brave- August 4
G.I. Joe- August 4
Madden 10- August 14
Spectrobes: Origins - August 18 (E)
Metroid Prime: The Trilogy- August 24
Cursed Mountain - August 25 (E)

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade- Septemebr 2009 (E)
Bass Pro Shops: The Strike- Spetember 2009 (E)
Guitar Hero 5- September 1
Dirt 2- September 8
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Septmeber 8
Muramasa: The Demon Blade- September 8 (E)
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga- September 8 (E)
The Beatles - September 9
NHL 2K10 - September 15
TMNT Smash Up- September 15 (E)
Star Wars: Republic Heroes- September 15
Dead Space Extraction- September 29 (E)
A Boy and His Blob - Septmeber 29 (E)
Spyborgs - September 29 (E)
Mini Ninjas - September 29

Night Game- Q3 2009 (E)
Explodeman- Q3 2009 (E)
Cave Story- Q3 2009 (E)
Bass Pro Shop: The Strike- Q3 2009 (E)
DJ Hero- Q3 2009
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories- Q3 2009 (E)
NBA 2K10- Q3 2009
Red Steel 2- Q3 2009 (E)
FIFA 10- Q3 2009

The Grudge- October 2009 (E)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games- October 2009 (E)

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love- November 2009 (E)
Need For Speed Nitro- November 2009 (E)
Chaotic- November 10

Rabbids Go Home- Q4 2009 (E)
Shawn White: World Stages- Q4 2009 (E)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom- Q4 2009 (E)
Spore Hero- Q4 2009 (E)
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- Q4 2009 (E)
Martial Arts: Capoeira- Q4 2009 (E)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers- Q4 2009 (E)
Arc Rise Fantasia- Q4 2009 (E)
Bakugan- Q4 2009
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010- Q4 2009
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon- Q4 2009 (E)
Lord of the Rings: Aragon's Quest- Q4 2009 (E)
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3- Q4 2009 (E)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Q4 2009 (E)
Wii Fit Plus- Q4 2009 (E)
PES 2010 - Q4 2009

Toribash- TBA 2009 (E)
Another Code: R- TBA 2009 (E)
Bleach: Versus Crusade- TBA 2009 (E)
Animales de la Muerte- TBA 2009 (E)
A New Beginning- TBA 2009
Wizardology- TBA 2009
Matchman- TBA 2009
Zombie Massacre- TBA 2009 (E)
Icarian: Kindered Spirit- TBA 2009 (E)
Kizuna- TBA 2009 (E)
A Boy and His Blob- TBA 2009 (E)
Final Fatasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord - TBA 2009 (E)
Dragonology- TBA 2009 (E)
Bit.Trip Core- TBA 2009 (E)
Contra Rebirth- TBA 2009
Resident Evil 0- TBA 2009

Flip's Twisted World- Q1 2010 (E)
Gladiator AD- Q1 2010 (E)
No More Heroes 2- Q1 2010 (E)
Sin and Punishment 2- Q1 2010 (E)
Endless Ocean 2- Q1 2010 (E)
Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt- Q1 2010

Team Trauma- Q2 2009 (E)
Shiren the Wanderer- Q2 2010 (E)

The Grinder- Q4 2010 (E)

Dragon Quest 10- TBA 2010 (E)
Super Mario Galaxy 2- TBA 2010 (E)
Metroid: Other M- TBA 2010 (E)
Monster Hunter 3- TBA 2010 (E)
Calling - TBA 2010 (E)

Game Confirmed/Release Unknown

Tales of Graces- TBA (E)
Last Flight- TBA (E)
Monado: Beginning of the World- TBA (E)
Spawn Smasher- TBA (E)
Line Attack Heroes- TBA (E)
Dynamic Slash- TBA (E)

Already Released in Japan/Europe, NA release unknown

Fatal Frame 4- TBA (E)
Disaster: Day of Crisis- TBA (E)
Diabolik: The Original Sin- TBA (E)
Rogue Trooper- TBA 2009 (E)

Rumored/Mystery Games

Zelda Wii- TBA (E)
Kid Icarus Wii- TBA (E)
Pikimin 3- TBA (E)
Factor 5 project- TBA (E)
Retro Studios project- TBA (E)
Cosmic Walker- TBA (E)
The Calling- TBA (E)
de Blob 2- TBA (E)
Sadness- TBA
Project Sora- TBA
Bethseda Project- TBA

Last edited:
Heh, some of those are arguable. Especially Ghostbusters.

I'd like to hear more about the rumoured games. The Beatles just cannot be what I'm thinking.

I think everyone's expecting Kid Icarus to return, and popular demand may take over Nintendo there (or some other money triggering scheme). I don't think there were any plans for it in the Brawl stages though. Found some sketches for when I was looking it up a while ago, and they looked excellent. Photoshop, eh. :/

NASCAR itself is pretty big, and I don't know anyone who enjoys it.

yea the NASCAR franchise is really low-key. i hadnt heard about a new NASCAR game for a WHILE until i read the list, which is very good. but theres no conduit =( and guitar hero metallica's official release date is March 29, 2009 by the way

The unknown games are whats most intriguing. The Factor 5 thing is still not revealed and Retro Studios still has something planned for Wii. I used to enjoy thinking about the possibilities of what could be coming, hopefully more info leaks this year.

As for what is coming, the list is great. Especially the games in February, Dead Rising Wii, House Of The Dead : Overkill and Deadly Creatures. MadWorld and The Conduit are sure to be hits and I cannot wait for more info on the new No More Heroes game.

I can pretty much guarantee that Battle Rage: The Robot Wars, NASCAR Kart Racing and Brave: A Warrior's Tale will be garbage.

Battle Rage is a poor PC game that will only be poorer on the Wii, plus I think it's being published by DSI who have never released a good game. NASCAR Kart Racing looks like a cheap cash in of NASCAR and Mario Kart. Brave is likely to be bad seeing as the original game was pretty stinky.

I don't expect much from Dragonology or Wizardology either as they will probably just be versions of the board game.

The rest of the games stand a chance of being decent though. March has a fair few games that could potentially be great (Madworld being the obvious highlight) and there's some killer titles in the 2009 TBA list.

It looks like 2009 may be great for the Wii, with 3rd party developers actually showing some ambition. Plus there's the chance that Nintendo could spring some big suprises before the end of the year too.

Heh, some of those are arguable. Especially Ghostbusters.

I'd like to hear more about the rumoured games. The Beatles just cannot be what I'm thinking.

I think everyone's expecting Kid Icarus to return, and popular demand may take over Nintendo there (or some other money triggering scheme). I don't think there were any plans for it in the Brawl stages though. Found some sketches for when I was looking it up a while ago, and they looked excellent. Photoshop, eh. :/

...whats wrong with ghostbusters >=(

yea the NASCAR franchise is really low-key. i hadnt heard about a new NASCAR game for a WHILE until i read the list, which is very good. but theres no conduit =( and guitar hero metallica's official release date is March 29, 2009 by the way

Conduit is there under May 19. Which I'm hearing it may have been pushed back to June 9 but that's not confirmed yet.

=O MAY 19?!?!?!?!? HOW COULD THEY!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE CONDUIT SINCE I HEARD ABOUT IT LIKE LAST NOVEMBER! oh well. good thing is that it comes right after my birthday so ill have more money =D

i thought GH:M was releasing the same day for every system. =(

that's for the 360 and ps3 versions.

a real shocker, i know.

considering the success of guitar hero on wii (gh3 sold most on wii and world tour is close to 3 mil on wii), you would think that devs would give the wii version more marketing or whatever but no, they must have the HD versions to dazzle the consumers with hteir fancy graphics.

Yeah sucks about Metallica not being released same day as its HD counterpart's. Looking like a very good year for the Wii. Nice games coming out in February, I'll definitely pick up House Of The Dead: Overkill. I'm gonna wait on reviews of Deadly Creatures and Dead Rising.

Madworld looks great, that'll also be a pickup for me in March. I'll also rent Sonic And The Black Knight, it's got a bit of potential I'd say. Also, depending on how reviews go and if it has online or not (Mostly for roster updates), I'd consider picking up MLB 2K9.

And of course, who won't buy The Conduit? I too am waiting for some more No More Heroes 2 info, and some more info on de Blob 2.

How about some updates from Nintendo too? I can't wait for Wii Sports Resort, seriously. Wii MotionPlus looks awesome.

Good year coming up guys.

News about Red Steel 2 with motionplus would be awesome as well.

Conduit under May 19th? Damn that's a ways away.

Back