Lithium Ion batteries for Wii Remote?

stghm

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2007
Is there a charging set that uses Li-Ion batteries? I can't tell because descriptions of the chargers don't tell what kind of battery which is rather important!

laderer5 said:
call Nintendo
I don't believe Nintendo manufactures any type of rechargable battery designed for the Wii Remote. I'm thinking about just using rechargable AAs, but if there is a sleek 3rd party charger that uses Li-Ion batteries I would buy it.

i bought some crap charger made by Intec. and the stores not giving me refund. I have to buy another one. Thats what happens when you try to save a few dollars.

MVGeneral said:
i bought some crap charger made by Intec. and the stores not giving me refund. I have to buy another one. Thats what happens when you try to save a few dollars.
What store was that so I know not to go there.

There's an Icon package for about $25 (CDN), it comes with a recharging station, 2 battery packs (and covers) but they're NiMh batteries. They still work well though.

Brawny said:
yeah, as that number guy said

Haha. I've tried to find a link to find what I'm talking about in say, a store but I've failed on that- just google it a dozen times under different search terms, Wii docking stations, etc.

Back