Little FPS Control Idea

Jayman

hagakure
Nov 22, 2006
Wii Online Code
8917-6501-7332-1191
IDEA ONE
I have an idea for a control scheme that the wii could utilize. You know how some FPS games on the wii gets irritating when you over-turn and in turn sending your whole screen turning around by itself (Red Steel, sometimes Elebits.) Where Zelda came as a success is that the bounding box only works from top to bottom, not left and right. It also gave a warning that the cursor is out of its bounding box when you over-turn. But the confusing part about that scheme is that you need to use the joystick to turn left and right.

Now, my idea is somehow similar to that of a mouse. When you move the mouse and it's near the edge of the mousepad, you simply lifted it up and then moved it back to the other side. So how could this be applied to the wii?

Think about your fps shooter without the bounding box. Plus, it will not be a fixed reticule either. So the fps would look like one of those arcade shooters (i.e. Time Crisis, House of the Dead and etc.) But how would you turn? Press and Hold the A button to grab the screen and move the wiimote to move the screen. Something similar to Zelda when you grab and move the map.

Bad idea, good idea or whatever?

Last edited:
Cool idea. Which sparks another idea. Do it in the style of RE4 on GC and CoD3 on Wii. Press a button that'll take you into a shooting mode, THEN you can't move the screen.

Back