Little King's Story and Marvelous

Skorp

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Michigan, USA
Wii Online Code
2652-0001-8231-6800
Marvelous Entertainment also made a post on the staff blog for Little King’s Story where they mentioned that games such as No more heroes, Rune Factory F, Oboromuramasa, Arc Rise Fantasia etc were all games that they have tried their best to make under very limited time and budget but all of these games have experienced similar shipment numbers, all of which are not very high. And he feels like crying.

But the writer also adds that despite the current bad market, games that sell are still selling really well, so it’s probably just a lack of ability on Marvelous Entertainment’s part.

They’re asking interested people to pre-order their upcoming game Little King’s Story, as it is apparently getting very little pre-orders, and retailers won’t even take their game for display in the shop if the pre-orders are bad.

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/06/15/marvelous-entertainment-stuff/

It's very sad that the 10th best wii game on metacritic has a chance to not be seen on shelves. I just did my part and pre ordered. If you're planning on buying the game you should do the same.

Marvelous has been giving us great stuff and they need some support. It's not their fault their games aren't selling well because they make highly rated games. They just don't have the resources to market them.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/littlekingsstory
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/59648-little-kings-story-review.html

Last edited:
They probably should of marketed it better. I didn't even know of the game's existence until just a few days ago when reviews start coming out.

Great game,charmed the hell out of me,absolutely love it,a lot deeper than you would expect,dont let the childish cover fool you,one and only gripe i have is that you cant build where you want to,apart from that i highly recommend - 9/10

They probably should of marketed it better. I didn't even know of the game's existence until just a few days ago when reviews start coming out.

Yeah I agree some good marketting would help a great deal, but its expensive and they aren't the biggest studio exactly. Hence why I thought I'd spread the word a little. ;)

Ouch, thats sad. I would love to help any (good) third party game/Marvelous but as you can see I'm broke from all the games I've bought (click spoiler) within a year. Besides this game, I still have some old ones to buy like Onenchanbara, Deadly Creatures, and De Blob, and for PS3 I'm going to get Akrkam Asylum = no money for this one soon :(
See I believe that it's not just that the Wii's base is 70% casual that harms the AAA games, but the fact that 80% of 30% that are hardcore are under 18 and therefore do not have jobs in which to get money from to buy the games until a year later...like me.

I always knew the player base was younger on wii, but never connected the lack of money. That's a good point. Parents are the ones buying games instead of the kids choosing half the time.

I know they have a low budget, but it doesn't help when they're constantly delaying the game. It was supposed to come out in March, then May, and now late July.

Yeah that is true but it seems from the review scores they used that time well. Nintendo titles get delayed, but its ok because they are quality, I feel the same way here. I'm fine with delays if the final product delivers.

I know they have a low budget, but it doesn't help when they're constantly delaying the game. It was supposed to come out in March, then May, and now late July.

I guess they kept pushing back the release date because of the budget :?
I do remember hearing about this game around Feburary, thought it already came out :p

Yeah for a while when it was first announced I kept confusing it with FF: My Life as King.

Back