Live Activation

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Just a quick question....when you purchase your 360 and it comes with the 1 month free trial of live (gold), does it also come with a validation card/ code that you enter to begin your trail or how does it work?

You just register yourself on Xbox Live. The console itself has a unique number so no card is needed. The system knows your 360 is brand new and gives you the free trial.

Thanks alot.

I actually happen to have one more question....since i created my gamertag before i actually own a 360, what is the process to migrate my account over to the console? Would i just type in my current gamertag and everything would go smoothly from there?

dds said:
Thanks alot.

I actually happen to have one more question....since i created my gamertag before i actually own a 360, what is the process to migrate my account over to the console? Would i just type in my current gamertag and everything would go smoothly from there?
if it was an xbox live gamer tag: yes
not xbox live gmer tag: no
hope that helped!
and by the WAY by not xbl gamer tag. i mean i mean you didnt have to put in all the jazz about your email.
windos live account etc..
if you di that it will run smoothly. but if not you need to start over.
rep me...

Last edited:
how do i know if its a XBL account....I assume it is because i have added friends via their gamertag

dds said:
how do i know if its a XBL account....I assume it is because i have added friends via their gamertag
you will know if to make the gamertag you had to go through this huge system of:
entering your email entering your parent or legal gurardiam windows live account etc..
if you did it ina touch of a buttton then no

Back