Living my life to the extreme till Monday.

Chelsea D

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2011
Australia
Till a few years ago I had big dreams to be a ballet dancer. During lessons a year ago I landed wrongly on the stage to a prop. It damaged and pinched nerves on my left leg. I had 3 surgeries done, which only made things worse, making more nerves die. On Monday my left leg will be amputated above the knee. Doctors do not know yet if they will be able to give me a prosthetic. It will depend how my leg stump will heal. This is my last weekend to live life like I want, before Im in a wheelchair. My left leg may not be 100 percent right now, but Im going dancing for tonight.

OMG Chelsea !!!!:frown5: If you need to talk after your surgery, I will be here for you. You will be in my prayers. I will be thinking of you on Monday. Hope it goes well.

Words of encouragement keep me sane at this time. Thanks to each of you. I was getting ready to go dancing, but my mom reminded me I cant drink or eat for 48 hours. This is because of my amputation on Monday, they need my body to be dehydraded. So much for dancing, whats the point of going if I cant get drunk.

Im upset right now not only because of what I have to endure tomorrow morning, but because my parents lied to me about how complicated the surgery was. First they tell me it only would take 10 minutes, today they gave me the diagram showing how complicated the process is. It takes 3 hours. This is what the diagram says they will do " An incision is made above the knee in a big V shape. " This so the flaps can be drawn over the leg when it later becomes a stump. " The veins and arteries are then cut off tied and severed." "The leg bone is then sawn off, finally the flaps are drawn together, and in my case 37 staples will be used to close my leg stump. I was kind of coming to terms of dealing with this, but when your parents lie about something so serious its hard. Im still in denial that in a little over 24 hours my leg will be gone.

That would be tough, I don't know if I would be able to deal with it personally, I'm sorry you have to go though that

Back