loading times

eddie17

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
i was just wondering as a pet hate of mine are long loading times and if any one has a xbox 360 im sure u know what i mean,is will the wii have long loading times as i noticed and not sure if this has anything to do with it but the discs are the same as ps2 etc not like the cubes small versions so does anyone else get a tadge annoyed at long loading times

the discs are DVD's 4.7gb or 8.5gb dual layer like xbox360. loading times arent cool, the cube didnt have long loading times (u barely noticed) because the discs were small so it was quicker to read, but the Wii needed to have DVD because u can put much more on that then u could on a gamecube disc.

hey you cant ask that question...look at the other threads and look for "i played the wii"...it talks about this kid who played one at his gamestop..he played excite truck, and he said it loaded immeadiatly right from the disc chanel, and right after you pick your car for the race. So yes it will load very fast...and yes i do get annoyed from long loading times..my old ps2 drove me crazy...piece of CRAP!:mad5:

well Cap'n crunch, i dont think anyone would actually think that far ahead, no one would think about going to a "i played the Wii" thread to find out about this. Most people in those threads just ask how did it feel playing the Wii and such. This is a very good question and he CAN ask it cause there arn't many threads if any at all.

Anyways back on track
The Wii should have pretty good loading times, from what i've seen in some games the loading times look pretty darn fast if you ask me. But i know what you mean for the 360, takes a helluva long time to load it.
*shakes head*

yes blackjack i do get your point, im just saying if he saw that thread he would get excited like i did. I mean it says today i played a wii. So if he did go to that thread he would have found his answer. I didnt mean to be rude...I apoligize.:)

Anything's better than the reported 9 mintues loading time of the PS3 (well, installation time to be more precise)...

When I played Excite Truck there were no loading screens. Might just be that one game, but still it was quick and fast. When the race finished and I clicked retry a second later the race was on.

Cap'n Crunch said:
yes blackjack i do get your point, im just saying if he saw that thread he would get excited like i did. I mean it says today i played a wii. So if he did go to that thread he would have found his answer. I didnt mean to be rude...I apoligize.:)
oh ok, i get your point now
makes more sense now.
no worries, it's all good now.:cool:
(P.S. i get excited about those topics too, =P)

So yeah, this is good, to hear from other people the loading times arn't bad now, can't wait!

Zori said:
When I played Excite Truck there were no loading screens. Might just be that one game, but still it was quick and fast. When the race finished and I clicked retry a second later the race was on.

Wow.

Will remind me of the N64 and SNES and NES!

so blackjack..you camping out for a wii? I plan on NOT doing that...do you think its possible to get one for x-mas? Will it sell out?:frown2: :ee5k:

I remember Nintendo emphasizing that they really hoped to keep all load times below 3 seconds. Thats pretty darned good if you ask me!

Zori said:
I also played Excite Truck. There was no wait when you were in a race/between races, but when you were starting a new set there is about 30 sec-1 min wait for the game. I didn't get to mess arround in the menus any, so I don't know about the general Wii interface, just Excite Truck.

Back