Lob Shots?? (B+Z)

6ix

rebmeM tahCiiW
May 24, 2007
Is there any use for the Lob Shots? And note that I'm not talking about the combos where you lob pass to someone and they immediately shoot it in mid-air. I'm talking about a direct lob-shot where you press B and Z at the same time.

The computer has gotten a goal or two on me like this. The only time I see to use it is when the goalie is stunned but not completely knocked down, such as with Dry Bones' special or maybe with Toad. This is because sometimes I'll use Dry Bones' shock to stun the goalie, then shoot right after but it'll hit him and bounce off.

So anyway aside from that specific situation are their any other special strategies for this shot or is it pretty much useless?

PS :: Oh yeah I'll just throw this question in here too: What does Toad's Special Shot do? I know it lights the Goalie on Fire but everytime I do it and shoot afterwards, he blocks it just as he would normally.

toads shot puts them on fire and i believe they run around crazy so i wouldnt know why he would block it maybe u shot someone infront of the goalie? or u shot the goalie himself not meaning to block it?

^^^When people get in the way of Toad's shot they get ignited and are basically useless for like 10 seconds or whatever, but numerous times I've hit the goalie dead on and he waves his arms and is on fire, but then right after, I'll take another shot with whoever and he'll block it. Maybe the Fire makes it easier to get goals but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

i like using the lob shot after using dry bones special shot, it pretty much guarantees you aren't going to accidentally shoot it right at the goalie

Toad's special shot lights the goalie on fire. The goalie can still block the ball but he can't catch it for around 10 seconds. He can only rebound. This makes it easy to continuously rain down shots on the goalie, eventually getting one in.

The only use I can see for the lob shot is when combined with Dry Bones' skillshot.

Back