local area connection problem

pocket_hercules

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
UK
Wii Online Code
6227-5885-0768-4758
help...

i have been using a nintendo usb wi-fi connector for a while with no problems.

one day it stoped working properly so i decided to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Now im getting a local area connection problem saying limited or no connectivity.

its not a usb wi-fi connector fault, its something to do with my pc.

dont know what ive done or changed because it was working fine before.

i have been trying to sort it for hours and hours its some thing simple im sure.

any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks.

has your pc got a virus or a newly placed firewall other than that cant think of anyother reasons

Im having a similar problem ever since I upgraded to Windows Vista? Are you using Vista?

Need more info about your network but it sounds easy enough.

What kind of internet do you have? If it's broadband, is the DSL or cable modem connected using USB or a LAN cable? Is the DSL or cable modem connected to a broandband router?

im with BT broadband but its trying to connect through the local area connection. not sure what you mean about usb or lan connection.

Last edited:
local area connection is a LAN connection on the computer. How is your computer connected to your broadband device?

mym6 said:
local area connection is a LAN connection on the computer. How is your computer connected to your broadband device?

computer to modem usb lead

Are you posting here using that computer? If so, have you restarted the computer recently? I'm not sure how the wifi thing works, but does it enable it's own kind of internet sharing or does it rely on the internet connection sharing built into windows?

mym6 said:
Are you posting here using that computer? If so, have you restarted the computer recently? I'm not sure how the wifi thing works, but does it enable it's own kind of internet sharing or does it rely on the internet connection sharing built into windows?

yes im using that computer, there is no problem using my broadband, ive been trying to sort this problem for days now so i have turned off my computer many times.

when i run the installation disc for the wifi just before it finishes i get error (connection sharing failed) followed by application error.

then the LAN (limited or no connectivity) message.

Well that helps a lot actually. Click start and go to control panel. Make sure you are in classic view (link is on the left side) and then click on the network connections tab. Look for the connection called local area connection and right click it, choose disable. Attempt to run the installer for the wifi thing again.

mym6 said:
Well that helps a lot actually. Click start and go to control panel. Make sure you are in classic view (link is on the left side) and then click on the network connections tab. Look for the connection called local area connection and right click it, choose disable. Attempt to run the installer for the wifi thing again.

it now gets all the way to the end of setup before saying "please insert the nintendo wifi connector into your USB port" when i click OK i get "Application error. if i uninstall the software an reinstall it it sets up the LAN connection again followed by that connection error again.

Disable the LAN connection again. Click start and right click on My Computer and choose properties. Click on Device Manager and find the Wii Wifi thing (should be located in the network adapters area), right click it and uninstall it. Reboot. Reinstall the software, insert the wii wifi thing and let me know.

Back