Logitech Announces a Keyboard for Wii.

xxmarioxx

WiiChat Member
Aug 13, 2007
NJ, USA
Wii Online Code
8340-4296-5417-5503
Actual Wording

"After the latest firmware update for the Wii enabling Keyboards to be used in the Internet Channel, Logitech have announced that they will be releasing the “Logitech Classic Keyboard 200”, oriented for the Wii demographic. The keyboard has been only confirmed for Europe so far, but an Australian conformation is likely to occur soon. Also the Microphone that was bundled with Boogie will be made available separately soon"

Sucks that its only confirmed in Europe, great for them though. Hopefully it stumble to the US.

Nearly all USB keyboards are compatible, so I don't see why Nintendo is telling us of one of the compatible ones... Maybe it's the fact that you can spill as much coffee as you want on it.

Are they claiming this is a new keyboard? I am using that exact keyboard right now, I've had it for several months.

I don't see why anybody would waste their money buying a keyboard for their Wii when they could just use the internet on their computer much more easily. I only use the Wii Internet Channel for quick searches or if I'm very bored.

dcrocker said:
Are they claiming this is a new keyboard? I am using that exact keyboard right now, I've had it for several months.

It sounds like it will be the same keyboard but with some "Wii specific" design element(s). Likely color matching, or possibly a special hotkey or the the like - so I'm assuming a Wii Edition or some such jive.

~DT

Although it's practically useless, I'm sure that it will still sell once Nintendo brands a Wii keyboard.

I plugged in a HP wireless USB keyboard and it works perfectly fine any old USB keyboard will work i even have a PS2 Port (not the console) to USB adapter that you plug in a mouse and keyboard into and that even works (not the mouse just the keyboard)

i hope they someday come out with a keyboard like this one, for the xbox 360:
360messenger_screen002.jpg

Jay588 said:
i hope they someday come out with a keyboard like this one, for the xbox 360:

Um, that one connects inside of the controller. How would that work with the Wii 'mote and chuck. Wireless USB keyboards work with the Wii.

[DT] said:
It sounds like it will be the same keyboard but with some "Wii specific" design element(s). Likely color matching, or possibly a special hotkey or the the like - so I'm assuming a Wii Edition or some such jive.

~DT

Probably a Home, +/-, Big A and B buttons.

Will this be wireless?

If not, does anyone know of a good wireless usb keyboard I can get? How much do they usually cost? I want one for internet on the wii and for sending people messages. Can someone point me in the right direction?

LoganSix said:
Um, that one connects inside of the controller. How would that work with the Wii 'mote and chuck. Wireless USB keyboards work with the Wii.

actually it connects to the bottom outside of the 360 controller. what I meant was I hope a 3rd party or Nintendo make a product like the 360 messenger, goodjob reading there buddy

Back