Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by comedown, Jan 1, 2007.
I havent got my Wii yet so I cant try it but, does logmein.com work with the opera browser?
I just tried it and your answer is Yes, but not really.
You can log in. If you open your remote desktop in the same window, you'll get a black screen. if you open in New Window, you'll see your desktop briefly. You'll then get a message that "LogMeIn has detected that ActiveX and Java controls are not enabled in your browser. As a result, a screen-shot based HTML remote control will be launched. For an optimal remote control expereince, please enable ActiveX or Java support in your browser."
After this point, you can browse around on the computer, but you can't type anything in. I suppose you could play MineSweeper. It's also very slow and, IMO, impractical.
But it does work.
Thanks Civisi. I wonder when the full opera browser is released it will have ActiveX. Hmmm. Hopefully by then I'll have found a Wii.
I doubt it will support ActiveX. That's a Windows technology, and I have no clue what "OS" the Wii is based on.
Hey guys. There is a way to use logmein.com quite well. I'll post the steps here, but they aren't mine. I got them from http://wii.qj.net who got them from Wii Mod Wii.
Setting Up Your Computer (Only do these steps on your computer!!!)
1. Go to http://logmein.com/ on your computer.
2. Create a free account.
3. Follow the steps.
4. Now, log in on their site.
5. Click on MY COMPUTERS.
6. Click ADD A COMPUTER
7. Follow the steps for adding a computer.
8. Name it whatever.
9. Make a secure access code(password) for your computer.
10. It will install the LogMeIn Desktop Software, if not already.
11. Once your computer is set up, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!!
12. Now, go to http://logmein.com/ and log in.
13. Go to "My Computers"
14. Click on your computer name.
15. It'll say: Connecting....
16. Enter your access code(password) and log in.
17. Click on "Preferences".
18. Go to REMOTE CONTROL settings.
19. Set the the Default Remote Control from Active-X to HTML.
20. You may want to adjust a few other settings.
21. Click APPLY.
22. Click DISCONNECT.
23. Look in your system tray to the right of the taskbar. Does it have the LogMeIn icon in it? If it does, go to step 24. If it's not there, try steps 4-22 again.
24. To enable the keyboard for the Wii, click START->All Programs-> Accessories->Accessibility->On Screen Keyboard
NOTE: You must do step 24 each time you want to connect for a keyboard, but you only have to do the other steps ONCE.
Connecting with your Wii (You must do this every time you want to connect on your Wii.)
1. Make sure your computer is on and LogMeIn is in your system tray.
2. Go to the Internet Channel Trial Version.
3. Go to the "type a web address" screen.
4. Type: logmein.com
5. * Save this site as a favorite for fast access.
6. Log in.
7. Go to My Computers.
8. Click on your computer name.
9. Let it connect to it. Be patient, this may take a little while.
10. Type in your access code.
12. Click GO on Remote Control.
13. It might say that you are connecting with the same computer to this computer and it'll show a picture that won't happen on your Wii. Click Connect anyway.
14. This might be because your Wii connects through your router (or USB Connector) to access the Internet, and your computer has the same IP.
15. It'll load your computer screen!!!!!!!!!
So there you go. It gets around the Active-X problem as well as the no keyboard. Hope this helps you guys
Tryin that now
Well, like I said, it works. And with the error message I gave, it says it will use HTML screenshots. It just takes a while for each screen to load. And you have to do a lot of scrolling. The on-screen keyboard tip was good though. I was thinking that a connection into a Vista box might offer better functionality as it has the tablet PC controls built-in. I should try connecting to my tablet PC.
Other than novelty, why would you connect to your PC from your Wii anyway? Just curious...
I did before. I got it to work on my XP machine fine, but Vista seems to have some problems with Logmein and I can't be bothered fixing it at the moment
Sorry for the double post, you posted as I was If you have a quick enough wifi connection watching videos may be possible, I haven't tried yet. Also, it's just cool It could also lead to further exploits being discovered though, so if anything it's a good start