LOL! Even High School Musical scored higher than Soul Calibur!

The fact that High school musical got a higher score than SCL, only proves that the whole rating system is broken.

We live in a day and age, when they can rate a game without even playing the title. There's no way I can completely trust their judgment on titles like these. . .

DeathChron said:
Not to mention...For the Wii, it's probably not a good idea not to rely to heavily on reviews...because most of the titles that people just so happen to stamp "turd" on was just based off extremely improper reviews, and most likely never even played the games themselves...Most of the people, (I know of, and read bout) who bought SCL, wasn't disappointed with their purchase, and they really enjoy it.

I just learned that you've just got to play the game yourself before you can talk any kind of (insert here) about a game...

I'll take the words of many professional game reviewers over a couple of 10 year old kids that probably watch Dragon Ball Z and Yugio. Even from an objective standpoint, this game sucks.

Syntax said:
Last time I checked, the Nintendo Gamecube didn't have a motion sensor bar, an internet channel, a virtual console channel, and a channel where players can make their own mii's.. etc.

Noteworthy games not mentioned:

- Guitar Hero 3
- The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
- The Simpsons Game
- Carnival Games
- Madden 08
- Big Brain Academy
- Resident Evil 4
- Medal Of Honour Heroes 2

Let's see:

Guitar Hero 3 (Port)
The Godfather (Port, but not even that good)
The Simpsons Game (Port and not good)
Carnival Games (LOL!)
Madden 08 (Port)
Big Brain Academy (recieved OK reviews)
Resident Evil 4 (Port)
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (decent)

What was your point again?

And who cares about all of the whizbang gizmos of the Wii when they aren't put to use well and most of the games are pure crap?

DeathChron said:
The fact that High school musical got a higher score than SCL, only proves that the whole rating system is broken.

We live in a day and age, when they can rate a game without even playing the title. There's no way I can completely trust their judgment on titles like these. . .

So the reviewers at IGN and other sites openly admit to reviewing games without ever having played them? Got some proof?

Seriously, the game is objectively bad. I find it so ironic that everyone bashes professional reviewers for being biased, whereas it's the USER REVIEWERS who are the most likely to be biased. Like I said, I'll trust a professional reviewer who has played many, MANY Wii and other console games over some 10 year old fanboy kid who has probably played a handful of Wii games.

Celeste said:
Why are you surprised?
High School Musical is where it's at, bb!~
"You are the music in meeeeeeeeeeee" <3

lol that was a great song! :) I liked "Bet on it"... Didn't like the choreography for that song too much, but the song is fantabulous!

but as you can see, soul calibur legends is one of the most popular wii games!!

obviously, all reviews suck, just think of wii hardware reviews or even Mario Party 8 (one of best selling wii games - over 2.5 millions) getting a score of 5.2 in reviews.... ;p how stupid.......

you'll see that this game will sell good!!

no1 in popularity on wii.ign.com and the number 1 popular game in 1UP gaming site!!

also, reviews might not be good, while user's scores are over 8,5 or even 9.0 in some sites.....

SoulCalibur legends is a great game....and it's popularity is a kind of evidence!!! :)

Last edited:
Atomheart said:
Don't you just LOVE the perpetual disappointments that are the games for the Wii. Like clockwork, it seems like almost every game that comes out for the Wii ends up being a turd, with only the rare gem (pretty much just 1st party games) being squeezed out.

Soul Calibur Legends - 6.0

http://wii.ign.com/articles/837/837799p1.html

High School Musical: Sing It! - 6.6

http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832875p1.html

Ouch! Even the Hannah Montana game came in close to SCL with a score of 5.6.

YAY! It looks like the Wii is right on track to being another Gamecube.

Correct me if I am wrong, did the GC not have the highest scoring game ever among other smash hits?

Atomheart said:

:lol: .....you can dream as much as you like.... ;p

Last edited:
lenitao3 said:
but as you can see, soul calibur legends is one of the most popular wii games!!

obviously, all reviews suck, just think of wii hardware reviews or even Mario Party 8 (one of best selling wii games - over 2.5 millions) getting a score of 5.2 in reviews.... ;p how stupid.......

you'll see that this game will sell good!!

no1 in popularity on wii.ign.com and the number 1 popular game in 1UP gaming site!!

also, reviews might not be good, while user's scores are over 8,5 or even 9.0 in some sites.....

SoulCalibur legends is a great game....and it's popularity is a kind of evidence!!! :)
Popularity and game quality don't always go hand in hand.:wink:

StevenNevets said:
Popularity and game quality don't always go hand in hand.:wink:

lolz....you r correct but popularity might help in sales!!
but if the game was as bad as they are saying.....not so many people whould have been interested....

ok.....let's wait and see...

i'll only know if sc legends is good when i buy it!! that's what i'm going to do!!

Atomheart said:
Don't you just LOVE the perpetual disappointments that are the games for the Wii. Like clockwork, it seems like almost every game that comes out for the Wii ends up being a turd, with only the rare gem (pretty much just 1st party games) being squeezed out.

Soul Calibur Legends - 6.0

http://wii.ign.com/articles/837/837799p1.html

High School Musical: Sing It! - 6.6

http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832875p1.html

Ouch! Even the Hannah Montana game came in close to SCL with a score of 5.6.

This is an ignorant ass statement, ok, first of all what makes High School Musical Sing It an unlikely candidate to be a good game. Two, when IGN rates games they inevitably compare it to other games in it's genre, Soulcalibur is an action game(like almost 1000000000 other games) while High School Musical is a kareoke game (It's biggest competition is Boogie!!!). Thirdly, IGN defines a 6.0(and a 6.6 coincidently) as "Passable" which is far away from a turd!!!! And while you go passing judgement on the Wii why don't you look at all the other dissapointing titles on all the other platforms huh? (Assassin's Creed comes to mind...also Ratchet and Clank Future).

Also if you hate the Wii so much then why are you here, your wasting your time, go to some PS3 forum and leave us the HELL alone!!!!

This is so funny how everyone is bashing and praising the game as amazing...

has anyone even played this game? I'd like an honest opinion from someone who has played it...instead of hearing "its going to amazing when i play it" and "it sucks and i won't try it"

Dzapper said:
Also if you hate the Wii so much then why are you here, your wasting your time, go to some PS3 forum and leave us the HELL alone!!!!

the same!!

Zak and Wiki got a 9.0 and it was made by Capcom and wasn't a port.

Guitar Hero III is a port? I could have sworn it was a multi-platform release.

Madden 08 was a port? I could have sworn it too was a multi-platform release.

Godfather wasn't great but it was a pretty darn good and fun game. It did a pretty good job with the Wii controls.

MOH:H2 is not a port and is supposedly pretty good. It has been described as the best first person controls on Wii, beating out Metroid Prime 3, which had been described by some reviewers as the best console first person controls ever.

Yes, Wii has had some crappy games. It's had it's fair share of quick and dirty ports, and lackluster original games. But, every console has it's share of crappy games in year 1. Some people forget that the PS2 had a ton of bad games released on it. The most popular system usually does, after all developers figure they can make a cheap game and sell it to the biggest audience to make a quick buck. Wii has also had some damn good games come out lately and next year looks even better from the 3rd party perspective.

Back