London Olympics Logo

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Wow......I thought only Americans were mesmerised (uhhh....needs a z) by flashing colors. :p

Does anyone mind finding a youtube vid? WARNING: if you are sensitive, don't watch it. It is causing seizures in the UK, and thus, why I brought it up.

The BBC ran a competition to design a better one and within 1 hour someone submitted their entry...... I'll let you guess which is which

_43006855_james_wren_416.jpg

_43005619_london_new_pink_203.gif

I actually quite like the design of the first one, with the 3 hoops forming the ond in london. Don't like the colour pink used in the official logo.

LAWL...that final logo is nothing.

On the commercial, there's a full 30 seconds of swirling psychedelic colors...blinking.

A vid would be helpful for full effect

Can't find any vids of it, and the official website has removed it but the pic is from the ad.

Attachments

• m_PA_olympics_footage_diver_edited.jpg
    m_PA_olympics_footage_diver_edited.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 59
Quite post-modern. I don't really like the official one, as it's too...

...ye. I just don't like it. For a start, it doesn't provide enough initial information, just blocks of colour. It's only after staring at it like a magic eye picture, that you even see the 2012. Heres some past logos for you to look at:
olympic-logos.gif

Those are all plain, simple, recognisable and informative. The official London one is not. Besides, I feel the UK olympic commitee is getting ahead of itself. There's still another olympic event before it even comes close...

The next olympic is in 2008 heres the logo for it

logo_beijing_400.gif

Again, it's very simple, very different to this crappy 2012 one =/

It cost £400,000 for that flashing piece of crap!! I hope someone gets their P45!

I like the BBC Competition once, scrap the slogan and it has my vote.

Back