London Olympics Logo

lol, I was wondering when you were going to show up here bonodo. :thumbsup:

And this is what i pay my taxes for. £400,000 to design, now all the artifacts with the old logo on will be binned. Nice to know I work and pay for that. :mad5:

What bothers me more is they had a logo for the bid. What is wrong with just keeping that one? :shocked:

What makes it worse is I'm from Manchester, any where north of Watford is NOT going to benefit from the Olympics. :sick:

Attachments

• london1.jpg
    london1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
miiguy said:
And this is what i pay my taxes for. £400,000 to design, now all the artifacts with the old logo on will be binned. Nice to know I work and pay for that. :mad5:

What bothers me more is they had a logo for the bid. What is wrong with just keeping that one? :shocked:

What makes it worse is I'm from Manchester, any where north of Watford is NOT going to benefit from the Olympics. :sick:
im sorry did you j-just say f-ff-f-four hundred thousand pounds *has heart attack*

miiguy said:

1. Can't keep the old one...... that wouldn't be progressive enough:lol:

2. Anywhere outside the M25 won't benefit.....

Wiired said:
This one is actually quality.

I've gotta say that you couldn't realistically have that [London] one as it's meant to be the 2012 British /UK Olympics and not the 2012 London Olympic Games...bit of an insult to the rest of the British Isles who will end up paying through the nose for this debacle

The official 2012 logo doesn't; and I quote; "Speak to the youth of England and encapsulate the ethics of the modern Olympic Games" - FFS how can a [rather shoddy] logo do all that?!?! Dear god - all it actually will encapsulate is the fact that the UK games will cost the taxpayer shed loads of cash and employ a massive amount of eastern europeans instead of natives - which means that the spirit of the modern games as being prosperity and unionship to the host country will totally have been bypassed.....

Cheesus, no wonder I moved to Norway LOL .:prrr:

i can do better look:

lundunolimp03390qt6.th.gif

Hm.... I heard a funny roast on my morning show..

the guy "hotwings" does a daily rant....ended with a quote. I think that's all I have to say. It might not be on there. It was today (thurs)..so it might take a bit to be on there.

http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/commentary.asp

If you are in the northeast-midwest, check it out. I laugh at it....

Rolex said:
I've gotta say that you couldn't realistically have that [London] one as it's meant to be the 2012 British /UK Olympics and not the 2012 London Olympic Games...bit of an insult to the rest of the British Isles who will end up paying through the nose for this debacle

Personally I'm quite happy for it to be associated with London rather than the UK as a whole, since this whole thing will probably end up as an another waste of time and money anyway, especially if that logo is anything to go by.

Napalmbrain said:
Personally I'm quite happy for it to be associated with London rather than the UK as a whole, since this whole thing will probably end up as an another waste of time and money anyway, especially if that logo is anything to go by.

LOL - it already is massively over budget and it's just courtesy for the goverment to name it the Great British Olympics seeing as they want to rip us ALL the f*** off to pay for it!! :wink:

Back