Looking for a golf game like Wii Sports...

Joom

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2009
Does anyone know of a golf game that plays like the one that comes with Wii Sports? I've looked at the Tiger Woods games and a couple of the 'wacky' ones, just don't think I'd like them as much.

The Wii Sports version is sort of realistic, yet really simple to play. Set direction, pick a club, swing the Wiimote. Just looking for something with more than 9 holes and multiple courses. If there was a full version of the one that comes with Wii Sports it would be perfect.

Thanks...

Tiger Woods golf 09 got really good ratings, otherwise you will have to stick with Wii Sports

Thanks LetItRock. I've seen that some people like TW '08 better than '09, and some the other way around. I'll have to see if I can find somebody locally that has one of them to try it out, but from the write-ups I've seen I think I'd rather have something like the Wii Sports version.

It's fun, it's just that I'd like more holes and courses...

Tiger Woods '09 is much better than '08, both in choice of game modes and in the feel of the swing. It is much closer to the Wii Sports feel than any other golf games have been so far.

Tiger Woods 2010 should have motion plus controls though, so that should be the ultimate version when it comes out.

Thanks rh, that's good information. Given that I think I'll hold out on TW till the next one comes out, and find something else to play with in the meantime. Maybe one of those 'cartoony' types I saw looking through Amazon. I see they have some decent looking putt-putt type games, but I like the regular golf. I'll wait a few months on the other and see what TW 2010 looks like when it comes out...

Well Tiger Woods 2010 is ways away, coming out in August I believe. I'd definitely purchase Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, it's very enjoyable. 1:1 ratio swinging, good graphics, online play, and it's like Wii Sports but a lot better and more in depth.

Good luck.

Well Tiger Woods 2010 is ways away, coming out in August I believe. I'd definitely purchase Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, it's very enjoyable. 1:1 ratio swinging, good graphics, online play, and it's like Wii Sports but a lot better and more in depth.

Good luck.

Thanks 1337. I know the TW games would be good for graphics and basic play, I used to play the series on the PC years ago. Just didn't know about on the Wii. I'd been told by a few people that the swing wasn't anything like the Wii Sports version, something about more setup involved and not the same kind of swing.

So you can use the Wiimote to swing just like the Sports game?

That's what I thought, elopez, but heard that it was an odd setup for the swing. That's why I decided to ask here and get a little more info. Thanks, think I'll get '09 and give it a try...

Yeah the swinging is identical to Wii Sports, but of course wind and whatnot has a bigger impact in Tiger.

Hope you enjoy it!

Appreciate all the info, 1337 and everyone else. Going to pick up TW '09 tomorrow and check it out. If I can get the wife off the fit board. New toys, ya know... :)

i play the 9hole game on sports all the time. it takes like 40min to finish with 3 players. what more do you want.

i play the 9hole game on sports all the time. it takes like 40min to finish with 3 players. what more do you want.

It's a great game, that's why I was looking for something like it with more holes/courses. The wife and I go through 9 holes with 2 players in about 10-15 minutes, so it's pretty quick. If you want more, you do the same 9 again in another 10-15 minutes. After that it gets a little boring, so we wait a day or two to play it again. With 18 holes on multiple courses it would be a little more interesting/challenging.

The problem is that we know exactly where to hit on those 9 holes, so it's not hard to birdie most of them most of the time, and sometimes eagle the par 5's. It was harder at first while we were getting the putting down with the controllers, but after that it got pretty consistent. The final par 5 is the only one that I usually play all 5 shots on, because I hop the islands.

Anyway, the Sports version is a good one and nothing wrong with it, just looking for something with more variety. I ordered TW '09 from Amazon yesterday...

Well, Tiger Woods '09 arrived the other day. We've played it quite a bit to give it a fair shake, but it's just too frustrating. Whether in Standard or Advanced swing mode the drives and long shots are relatively accurate, but the approach shots and putts kill the whole experience. There seems to be absolutely no consistency. And yes, we know how to adjust the landing area, check swing percentages, read the power level on the meter when putting, read the greens for break/declination/inclination, and that the power percentages can change. There still seems to be no consistency that we can see.

We also play real golf, and have a 'fair' feel for consistent swing speed and follow through, so when we swing the same swing and get 108% one time and 78% the next time it does get frustrating. Putt speed is all over the place. In comparison, the Wii Sports Golf game seems to be much more consistent with swing speeds.

The graphics are okay, the animations are pretty good, the commentators are just annoying, but we've been playing computer golf games since the late 80's and this is the first time we've finally got so frustrated we just gave up.

We haven't tried the mini-games yet, so they may be fun enough to get the DVD out of the case once in a while, but not for the golf.

Not looking to upset anyone who likes it, apparently there are a lot of people that do. Just not a game that I'd recommend to anyone. Had a couple golfing buddies who also play computer golf over to check it out, and the general consensus was that bowling was more fun.

Anyway, since I'd posted the original question I just thought I'd leave a followup. Thanks again to everyone who replied...

dude. go for we love golf. it has WIFI play and is cartoony and fun just like wii sports. i know how you feel. me and my dad loved wii sports golf and decided to get tiger 08 a while back because we wanted more golf. it sucked! youd swing one time and get 100% and then youd swing just as hard the next time and get 65%. we haven't played it for at least a few months. we love golf is for more of a casual gamer which I picture you to be. dont just jump right in and buy it. watch youtube vids of its gameplay. ask around about it but it seems like a game you would like. hope i helped.

Back