looking for good wii lens cleaner

niteZ87

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2007
two days ago, my wii worked perfectly. but now it can't read any of my wii and gamecube discs. it keeps showing the "unable to read disc" error msg. i'm trying to solve this by cleaning the lens. does anybody know a good lens cleaner for wii?

that happens to me but my problem is less severe. i cant play certain gamecube games (but i also have a gamecube so it doesnt matter). i dont know any good lens cleaners but i advise u to send it to nntendo for repair

I have the same problem

But, I think it caused by instaklling the D2C chip on my console.

Now the console reads only backed up discs only.

My genuine discs (wii sports and wii play) playing occasionally.

Does anyone have a solution?

admeds said:

yeah but i havent modified my wii or anything. it just stopped playing some gamecube games randomly.

admeds said:

There be the problem

You got it chipped
Now your drive is buggerd

I'm also looking for a lens cleaner for the Wii and other similiar CD/DVD player.

I know that the generic CD/DVD lens cleaner (one with brushes attached to CD/DVD) works by removing dust from the lens of CD/DVD player with a tray; however, I'm uncertain if these cleaners would work on a Wii or similiar players where the CD/DVD is inserted into the drive. I'm afraid that the brush would be damaged as it's inserted into the drive.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case with these types of cleaners on these types of drives (Wii, etc.) or can recommend a cleaner that can be used on a Wii.

Thanks!

Back