lord of the rings

tommy

Banned
May 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
5781-1229-3280-1523
Does anyone know if a Lord of the rings game is due for release on the wii, i know ea are eager to sell wii games. It would be awesome with online play imagine sauron fighting a troll or gandalf fighting smeagol, lotr was a hugely popular film and novel it would be attracting a worldwide audience.

Last edited:
tommy said:
Does anyone know if a Lord of the rings game is due for release on the wii, i know ea are eager to sell wii games.
i hate lord of the rings what a waste of production
movies made into games should be banned

yes games of movies are usually short but if ea wish to sell a good game instead of diabolical games like boogie then they need to aim at a more mature audience, a lengthy hack and slash with the wiimote is just what they need

tommy said:
yes games of movies are usually short but if ea wish to sell a good game instead of diabolical games like boogie then they need to aim at a more mature audience, a lengthy hack and slash with the wiimote is just what they need
yea thats good

it would have to have some more features like playing extra characters other than the fellowship and some side missions

I'm too lazy, but it seems that you are even more.

Just use Wikipedia, then list of Wii Games unreleased, jeez.

wario2ooo said:
i hate lord of the rings what a waste of production
movies made into games should be banned

Ha ha ha ha, that's the stupidest thing I've heard in...uh....the last 5 mins.
you do know that the movies were based on books...right?

LOTR has turned out great turned based, real time strategy, and good ol' hack'n'slash games.

and yes, just wiki it.

it would be a good action to take bringing lotr out for wii, it could have online play, imagine sauron fighting a troll, also the lotr movie was a smash most love it, it would have a good target audience

Please post your thoughts on this idea of lotr

Simply post yes or no if you agree with my idea

Simply don't double post if you have a brain.

IGN, it's there for a reason tommy.

i would buy the game

I'm a huge LOTR fan and I hadn't thought of them making a Wii game until just recently. I'm so much more obsessed with the idea of a Wii remote lightsaber I guess just because it would work so much better.
As for an LOTR game... nothing confirmed but EA did renew their deal with New Line for the LOTR license so they CAN make more games, but they haven't said anything about a new Wii game. From what has been said, it seems like all they're working on at this point is another PC game, possibly something somewhat similar to Battle For Middle Earth but not as widespread. I guess it'd be more of an RPG than an RTS.
As far as Wii, I can't even think of a good idea for a Wii game. Making a game based off the movies at this point would feel like a port even if it was a completely new game. I wouldn't want something that feels like they made it JUST to capitalize on the Wii controls for the LOTR license. And for a completely new game, it's still tough to imagine. I really liked The Third Age but it got some pretty bad reviews. I also only played through it to the end once and I've never gone back to play it again just because it took SO LONG to beat and was really that one-play-through kinda game. I sure as hell don't want a LOTR fighting game if that's what you meant with Gandalf fighting Smeagol. That would be a stupid use of the license and would be panned by critics before it even began production. I'd be kinda interested to see a port of Battle For Middle Earth because I'm curious if an RTS could work well on Wii. But again, I don't really wanna see a port.
So I don't think about it much. If they make one, I hope it's good. If they don't, I don't mind because I can't even think of anything worthwhile to make. I'm just banking on a good Star Wars game to use the remote creatively.

i mean i want a lotr game but if it had online it would be good and funny to play a quirky fight

Yeah, but funny and quirky tends to take ALL THE ****. Look at Motor Kombat on Mortal Kombat Armageddon. Tiny quirky fun game but most of the reviews people give on this forum focus on that like it's the whole game. And when you have LOTR... personally even I'd be kinda pissed if it went funny/quirky. MK has always been funny/quirky (Babalities, Frienships...)

valid point, at least its me not making the game

Back