Lost Connection To Host -- Way Too Often...

trollface

WiiChat Member
Apr 5, 2011
co
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Anyone else notice this happening a lot more lately or is it just me?

Happens a lot on Outpost.

Ive gotten use to host quits but this is far beyond BS I can tolerate.

I always thought when this happens the host has probably shut off their Wii in rage of seeing my new name. But recently I've been rejoining a lot of games that I previously lost connection.

I'd est 2 or 3 out of 10 games now end in lost connections... Pile on host quits, my own quits -- due to hackers or presumed hackers (everyone better than me is probably a hacker :tongue:) I probably only finish 2 out of every 10.

BTW mofo who host quit >10sec. last night you owe me 1200 XP --which will be repaid by the blood of a 1200 baby jooos :ee5k:

Last edited:
Wow...anyway...no, don't see any more issues with Lost connections than usual, sorry. Has your ISP changed anything lately, Troll? Oh, and add me to your friends list...if you are as good as you boast I would love a game.

Wow...anyway...no, don't see any more issues with Lost connections than usual, sorry. Has your ISP changed anything lately, Troll? Oh, and add me to your friends list...if you are as good as you boast I would love a game.

No change of ISP.

When do I ever boast? I'm the first to admit how terrible I am at this game... Just a little less terrible than most.:thumbsup:

I only play Heroes :p Why would I want a 56er on my team who's gonna take all the glory?

You said: (everyone better than me is probably a hacker :tongue:)

I know you were kidding, but there is always some truth to any good lie! LOL

Personally, i am tied of hosts that quit as soon as the scoreboard comes up at the end of a match and then I get Wii Freeze with a Beep as my reward for winning. Boooo

You said: (everyone better than me is probably a hacker :tongue:)

I know you were kidding, but there is always some truth to any good lie! LOL

Personally, i am tied of hosts that quit as soon as the scoreboard comes up at the end of a match and then I get Wii Freeze with a Beep as my reward for winning. Boooo

Oh snap I forgot about the wii freeze... The buzz (mine buzzes) Has gotten a lot worse since the heat wave.

The hackers got me paranoid lol Aim bots n' ****. Who freaking knows who's cheating anymore? Did you know there is a radar hack and also a hack that shows where opponents are just like it shows in green above your teammates head except in red. Obviously...

I sent an invite but I just realized my sig has (had) my old FC from my broken wii. Updated.

Just to clarify, aimbot isn't an actual hack in Goldeneye. I'm not a hacker or anything, but as far as I know, aimbot isn't in the game code, and all the hacks are just variations of the game code itself (golden bullets, ammo swap, etc).

On losing connection - a stable IP (I think), and a wired connection might help.

Yeah, Troll. The infamous "Wii Freeze with a Beep" has been getting out of control. I think some a-hole-hosts have figured out that this happens to people quite often if they power off their wii when the leaderboard is on right before you go to lobby. I think it has to do with the fact that your wii is waiting for a "continue to lobby" data packet from the host wii and doesn't get it...and then Wii Freeze w/ a beep happens as a result...just speculating. I know some people think the wii freeze is due to having too much data to process, but I don't think moving from leaderboard to lobby is all that demanding code-wise.

Personally said:
well even though that is annoying, you still get the exp and other stats once the game gets to the score board. (now that I've seen this thread I'll probably get a lot of freezes and disconnects)

well even though that is annoying, you still get the exp and other stats once the game gets to the score board. (now that I've seen this thread I'll probably get a lot of freezes and disconnects)

Not sure that is correct tbh, I believe the score board has to clear. Also whilst playing on my alt I got a 34 streak on Jungle. The host quit at the end and I checked to see what the streak was as i hadn't counted it in game my stats said 34 streak as new high (previously it was 31)....next game I froze, went back on and my streak was back to 31 :( so its possible to lose full xp from a session when you freeze....stupid game !!

With regard to freezing its most likely down to your isp, if the Wii has been on for a long time this also increases the likelyhood of a freeze. And wired connections are better for negating lag, but have a tendancy to freeze more depending on the adaptor you use, the Nintendo one is notorious for this, I believe the datel one is the best.

Hope this helps :)

I have to agree with the dad-meister... Depending on when the infamous "wii freeze with a beep" (we can just refer to it as WiiFWaB at this point) happens, you can lose your stats from a match. The scoreboard transmits all player xp and game data to individual accounts right before the scoreboard goes away, not right when it comes up. If your wii hasn't received that outgoing packet from the host machine yet, you are SOL. This means that it is also possible for some people to get their xp, and others not.

To dad-io's point about losing credit for his streak (which is pretty good BTW), I have had that happen to me before. Just pray to whatever god you believe in that it doesn't happen in the one game that you end up getting the "direct impact grenade accolade," as that comet only passes Earth every 100 years! ...or any other "rare" thing in the game...lol Simple XP can be replaced...a record performance is much harder.

And oh yeah, I might also add that it usually only happens when I win ;-) surprise surprise...

Last edited:
And oh yeah, I might also add that it usually only happens when I win ;-) surprise surprise...

Truth.

Yeah the improvised accolade is a pain to get. First you need to host and then by some fluke you have to nade someone to death without the explosion :( Best way to get ity is by cheating and getting a friend to help, otherwise its pure luck IMO ( I got it via the luck option btw ). Reloaded isn't much fun either ! I was hiding as a sitter in a clan war for a whole game to get that one lol

I have five accounts and three of those are legit lvl56 and only Goldie has 2 improvised.... the rest none lol ( or at least i don't think so )

Yeah the improvised accolade is a pain to get. First you need to host and then by some fluke you have to nade someone to death without the explosion :( Best way to get ity is by cheating and getting a friend to help, otherwise its pure luck IMO ( I got it via the luck option btw ). Reloaded isn't much fun either ! I was hiding as a sitter in a clan war for a whole game to get that one lolI have five accounts and three of those are legit lvl56 and only Goldie has 2 improvised.... the rest none lol ( or at least i don't think so )
...wait, you can kill someone w/ a grenade HITTING THEM? can u use a flashbang or smoke? how many must hit the head/torso/etc?also, yesterday i had a ton of lost connections & host quits [within 10-20 secs of the match STARTING!].damned cowards!

Yeah the improvised accolade is a pain to get. First you need to host and then by some fluke you have to nade someone to death without the explosion :( Best way to get ity is by cheating and getting a friend to help, otherwise its pure luck IMO ( I got it via the luck option btw ). Reloaded isn't much fun either ! I was hiding as a sitter in a clan war for a whole game to get that one lol

No wonder i've never managed it, even after trying it several times. I hate hosting. I can't stand the lag and the buggled up sounds.

Back