Lost Odyssey

Dinner

Reading Rainbow
Dec 4, 2007
Scarborough, Ontario
Wii Online Code
2878-9257-8140-1234
256px-Lost_Odyssey.jpg

In Lost Odyssey the player takes control of Kaim, a man who has lived for 1,000 years. The game's story revolves around the many generations of which Kaim is a part, his loves and losses and conflicts in a world nearing a "mystical industrial revolution". Lost Odyssey's story is being penned by the award-winning Japanese novelist, Kiyoshi Shigematsu who is working directly with the game's producer Hironobu Sakaguchi on the story sequences. Heading up the artistic demands of the title is famed Japanese comic artist, Takehiko Inoue, while famed composer Nobuo Uematsu has been recruited to create a more contemporary soundtrack. Mistwalker is developing the title, with cooperation with a studio named Feel Plus, a subsidiary of Microsoft created specifically to aid Mistwalker. Feel Plus is made up of around 40 former Nautilus/Sacnoth developers, most famous for the cult favorite Shadow Hearts RPG series. (Sacnoth was officially announced as being dissolved in 2007.) [1] Former Square employees at Microsoft are also involved. It has been confirmed that the game will come on 4 Dual Layer DVDs, more than any Xbox 360 game to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW47bf6THDc << Main Theme Song (<3 Uematsu)

This game better be better than Blue Dragon... it seems like the setting is a much better match for Uematsu than Blue Dragon's was, because that theme song is just amazingly well done.

Anyone else excited for this game? I'm dying for some good RPG. >.<

Yeah, I've been following this game since it was first announced, and am still psyched for it's release. I imagine Lost Odyssey will be a great deal better than Blue Dragon, since Lost Odyssey feels more like a real Final Fantasy RPG, and from all the videos recently also doesn't suffer from terrible framerate lagging issues. Some believe that if Sakaguchi was still with Squaresoft, that Lost Odyssey would've instead been the real Final Fantasy X.. I'm inclined to agree.

You can view more videos of it that aren't on Gamespot or IGN at Gamersyde - Lost Odyssey

Ah yeah. Lost Odyssey looks like it's gonna be pretty cool. Been waiting for this game for quite awhile. Can't wait till it comes out!

Back