Lost Season 4

Marioman said:
^Yea it is...so intense
that was so awesome, it seems worth the wait. and i seem to be the only one who knew it was a 1hr episode. but whatd you guys think of the end?

left us hanging till next week, i absolutely hate that. lol but you cant have a good show without a cliffhanger.

anyways, the episode was pretty good but i was hoping for a little more information (thought it was a 2 hour episode, not an hour of recap) who do you think those people are and how the hell did penelope happen to be on that frequency at the exact time the jamming equipment was shut off if it wasnt her boat? (not saying she was lieing, cause im sure she wasnt, i jsut dont understand that part)

did they announce any where how many episodes they will run ina row? they split the season up the last time, and i think season 2 as well. that sucks. the writers strike better end soon so we dont get stuck wating almost another year four episodes from now. lol

I thought it was disappointing. It may be because I was expecting two hours, I don't know, but I just didn't like it all that much. I was also expecting them to get further along than a greeting with this new group, because they showed them having a discussion with them in the preview.

Damn you, false advertising.

SensesFail said:
did they announce any where how many episodes they will run ina row? they split the season up the last time, and i think season 2 as well. that sucks. the writers strike better end soon so we dont get stuck wating almost another year four episodes from now. lol

Even if the strike ended today, it's too late to produce any more for this season. So we're just stuck with only 8 episodes this season, but they will all run in a row.

Nice season kickoff - migrating back towards more supernatural/spritual themes. I *love* the slow burn of LOST and thought this EP had perfect pacing.

We tried to catch up on our S3 DVD set, made it 1/2 way, then went ahead and watched the 1 hour prolog/catch-up show. Ben narrating gave it a slightly creepy tone which we dug on.

Er, I guess I should spoiler wrap this - off to advanced mode...

So if we break down the temporal locations of the narrative we have:

T1 The past "current" on the island before getting off

T2 The flash-forward to Hurley going bonkers (pre-beard Jack)

T3 The flash WAY forward with grendading Jack, w/ beard (S3's finale)

This creates an amazing dynamic because now we have 3 time reference points!

anybody else excited for LOST the video game?

it was promised not to be some crappy licensed video game just to make a few bucks off of lost fans. they said it would actually be a good game. it was announced a while ago and the GI article was promising.

Pretty good episode, shame that we're obviously in for another season of incredibly slow pacing.

I was expecting another flashforward, but I was surprised when it turned out to be Hurley driving the car. That Charlie scene has me really confused though. The other people there could see him, but Hurley managed to will him away (and he seemed to make the cabin disappear).

@Napalm

Other people could see Charlie based on the frame-of-reference of Hurley - who knows HOW much of what we're seeing is his delusion.

If he can image Charlie, he can imagine another crazy at the home telling him he also sees Charlie (to reinforce his own delusion - there's actually a term for this, but my 2nd year psychology escapes me at the moment :lol: )

SensesFail said:
anybody else excited for LOST the video game?

it was promised not to be some crappy licensed video game just to make a few bucks off of lost fans. they said it would actually be a good game. it was announced a while ago and the GI article was promising.

I am excited for it!:yikes:

As long as they DO live up to that promise. Most movie/tv show games all turn out to be dribble imo (except a few like james bond etc). So hopefully we will actually get a quality tittle. mmmmm throwing locke's knives at Jack. i cant wait!

Bowserizer said:
anybody have any theories on jacob...the whole thing seems supernatural to me?
id like some theories on this too.. icant come up with any.

hurley could see him but he can see lots of people. and there were two guys, one in the chair (jacob) and then the guy who popped up in the window and scared hurley, was that supposed to be locke? i didnt quite catch that.

brendo said:
I am excited for it!:yikes:

As long as they DO live up to that promise. Most movie/tv show games all turn out to be dribble imo (except a few like james bond etc). So hopefully we will actually get a quality tittle. mmmmm throwing locke's knives at Jack. i cant wait!
they said it would run parallel to the shows events and there would be a lot of exploring of the island to do. sounds like a huge open world game to me. probably has some cool puzzles in it too.

Last edited:
Well, i did find something very interesting in that last episode....
If you pause it in jacobs cabin when at first it appears to be dark but then you realize that you can see JACKS DAD sitting in the chair, for a split second, i paused it and it is definately him

~SPOILERS~

I had originally thought that Jacob would not take on a physical being, but it seems as though he was the one rocking in the chair.

I am REALLY digging the flash-forwards. During the premier, I was anticipating the flash-forwards more than the present storyline.

EDIT: Jack's dad? You serious?

Back