LOST Season 5

Okay. So. WHAT THE F**K?!

Someone start us off. I can't think what to say.

Apparently the next episode's gonna be the biggest one in the series so far. At least, that's what I've heard.
Hoping for some answers about the Black Smoke, though it's doubtful.

The premiere was sex.

And the next episode is Wednesday, right?

We were debating whether the Oceanic 6 would make it back to the island by the end of the premier or not.

At least it looks like they'll [probably] get there pretty quickly, due to the [apparent] 70 hour time frame Ben has, although for some reason I see that being broken, especially with Hurley messing things up. I don't see how they could get Sayid, who hates Ben, Hurley, who hates Ben, and Sun, who wants Ben dead, all on board. Kate seems like the easiest (aside from Jack, who has already agreed) because she's on the run again.

I see...
I'm guessing that
A) Sayid will come because Ben has some sort of ace up his sleeve against him (like, Nadia's REAL killer is on the island or something like that)
B) Sun will come to see if Jin is still alive
C) They'll break Hurley out of the mental institution and take him by force.

I don't see why Sayid won't go with him. After all, he's working for him. Although he's ashamed of his work, I couldn't see Sayid getting out of working with Ben so easily.

I think Hurley will be suckered into going eventually, but he will probably take awhile since he already handed himself over to the police. I think he'll eventually join when the pressure of being a criminal weighs down on him, or some other unexpected scenario happens that gets him to go (Another one of his "Visions" convincing him, perhaps).

And Finally, I agree, Kate will probably go with them eventually because she is on the run.

Sun will probably be toughest to convince. She blames Ben for Jin's death, and is the reason for her not wanting to return. My only theories towards her going back is if Widmore wants her to get information on the Island's location, and to do that she must go with Ben, or if Ben tells Sun (directly or through one of the O6) that Jin could be alive due to the Island moving in Time and Space. I find both ideas unlikely, but they are my only guesses thus far.

Last edited:
I don't see why Sayid won't go with him. After all, he's working for him. Although he's ashamed of his work, I couldn't see Sayid getting out of working with Ben so easily.

I think Hurley will be suckered into going eventually, but he will probably take awhile since he already handed himself over to the police. I think he'll eventually join when the pressure of being a criminal weighs down on him, or some other unexpected scenario happens that gets him to go (Another one of his "Visions" convincing him, perhaps).

Sun has it set in her mind that Jin is dead. She probably does not believe there is a Jin to go back to. However, if Ben knows more than we think, as he always does, he'll probably say that he could be alive due to the Island moving in time and space, thus convincing her to go.

And Finally, I agree, Kate will probably go with them eventually because she is on the run.
Sounds pretty accurate to me...

But I'm still wondering: Who are Adam and Eve??? It's been bugging me a lot.

We were debating whether the Oceanic 6 would make it back to the island by the end of the premier or not.

At least it looks like they'll [probably] get there pretty quickly, due to the [apparent] 70 hour time frame Ben has, although for some reason I see that being broken, especially with Hurley messing things up.

I find this very likely.

The funny thing about LOST is that any arrangement that appears quick to being realized actually gets stretched out multiple times due to some unforseen circumstance. Getting off the island was teased at us to happen at least 3 times before it actually happened, there were 2 or 3 instances where we were certain the Hatch would go crazy from the lack of code input before it finally did, The Island (or fate, however you want to look at it) didn't let Michael die until the 3rd or 4th time, etc.

There never seems to be a straightforward way for anything to happen, yet we are presented to a particular situation as if it surely will. So I'm expecting this arrangement to last for quite awhile.

Sounds pretty accurate to me...

But I'm still wondering: Who are Adam and Eve??? It's been bugging me a lot.

Adam and Eve are simply the oldest discovered inhabitants on The Island by the Plane survivors (the two corpses were nicknamed by Locke). However, it could actually be very likely that there was civilization before these two (recall the four-toed statue Sayid found in S1).

Last edited:
Adam and Eve are simply the oldest discovered inhabitants on The Island by the Plane survivors (the two corpses were nicknamed by Locke). However, it could actually be very likely that there was civilization before these two (recall the four-toed statue Sayid found in S1).

No, I know that... but the producers have said they're very important to the mythology of the show.
Hmmm...
Perhaps they're two of the survivors who die in the past while they're traveling through time?

When Sayid was talking to Hurley, he warned him not to trust Ben and do the opposite of what he says (which is why he turned himself into the police instead of going with him). It appears there was some sort of falling out between Sayid and Ben that we have not seen yet.

When Sayid was talking to Hurley, he warned him not to trust Ben and do the opposite of what he says (which is why he turned himself into the police instead of going with him). It appears there was some sort of falling out between Sayid and Ben that we have not seen yet.

That's possible. Right now, though, I'm finding it more likely that Sayid is simply ashamed of working with Ben, which would inspire Sayid to tell Hurley such a thing. After all, Sayid considered even Hurley an enemy (which was why he was watching him), which would highlight how paranoid Sayid has gotten after becoming Ben's hitman.

Last edited:
Back