LOST Season 5

Probably Jacob, yes. Speaking of Jacob, he's another element I hope gets touched on next episode (albeit doubtful).

By the way, during the premiere, surely I wasn't the only one who saw it coming a mile a way that the random "815er extra" who was with everyone on the beach was going to get killed. He even had a red shirt on (as in, one of the "redshirts" who get killed off). The moment he started arguing I knew it was the "moment of tension to be interrupted" scene where he was going to suddenly get shot or stabbed by something. lol.

By the way, during the premiere, surely I wasn't the only one who saw it coming a mile a way that the random "815er extra" who was with everyone on the beach was going to get killed. He even had a red shirt on (as in, one of the "redshirts" who get killed off). The moment he started arguing I knew it was the "moment of tension to be interrupted" scene where he was going to suddenly get shot or stabbed by something. lol.

I saw it coming too... he was Dr. Arzt'd.

They've actually talked about that guy before-- his name is Frogurt. Forget which episode though.

See I don't like that "whisper transcripts" can be read online. Just let us watch the show. Haha.

At any rate, yea we all saw Frogurt's death coming. Who fired those arrows?

lol the Transcripts aren't that bad. They don't reveal any secrets, really, they simply add a new layer of insight on The Island and the show (if anything, they raise more questions). So it's actually a benefit to figure them out.

As for the fire raid, the creators didn't "explicitly" reveal who fired the arrows, but three men did appear later after the attack to hold Sawyer's surviving group at gunpoint. It isn't clear whether or not these guys were part of the raid. Considering that they could have threatened them with guns instead of fire arrows (probably would have been more efficient), they probably aren't the same people involved in the fire raid.

If I had to guess, the fire raiders are probably the Hostiles. My reasons are because:
-Sawyer's group's current known location in time/space is before the plane crashed, indicated by the lack of a beach and its leading to their struggle to make fire.
-Since Sawyer's group has time warped, they could be around during at a time when the Hostiles were active against DHARMA, hence their retaliation to the Sawyer group.
-This period of time would also fall in line to when Richard Alpert would not know Locke yet (just as Alpert said would happen before the final time warp).
-There is no other large group of inhabitants we know were around during pre-plane crash (but modern) times that would have done this besides DHARMA, who are too sophisticated to resort to throwing around flame arrows.

I'm getting a good feeling we're gonna see a lot about DHARMA and/or the Hostiles in this next episode.

Last edited:
lol the Transcripts aren't that bad. They don't reveal any secrets, really, they simply add a new layer of insight on The Island and the show (if anything, they raise more questions). So it's actually a benefit to figure them out.

As for the fire raid, the creators didn't "explicitly" reveal who fired the arrows, but three men did appear later after the attack to hold Sawyer's surviving group at gunpoint. It isn't clear whether or not these guys were part of the raid. Considering that they could have threatened them with guns instead of fire arrows (probably would have been more efficient), they probably aren't the same people involved in the fire raid.

If I had to guess, the fire raiders are probably the Hostiles. My reasons are because:
-Sawyer's group's current known location in time/space is before the plane crashed, indicated by the lack of a beach and its leading to their struggle to make fire.
-Since Sawyer's group has time warped, they could be around during at a time when the Hostiles were active against DHARMA, hence their retaliation to the Sawyer group.
-This period of time would also fall in line to when Richard Alpert would not know Locke yet (just as Alpert said would happen before the final time warp).
-There is no other large group of inhabitants we know were around during pre-plane crash (but modern) times that would have done this besides DHARMA, who are too sophisticated to resort to throwing around flame arrows.

I'm getting a good feeling we're gonna see a lot about DHARMA and/or the Hostiles in this next episode.

That sounds like exact what I had been thinking, and been to lazy to type.

Also good point about the transcripts, and I have changed my opinion on them because of it.

Problem with that point is, we have no idea if the time warps have stopped yet. It's possible Locke could meet Alpert in yet another time frame.

I'm guessing this time jump to pre-Hostile takeover of the Dharma initiative might be a bit longer than the others, so we can get some answers.

Problem with that point is, we have no idea if the time warps have stopped yet. It's possible Locke could meet Alpert in yet another time frame.

Yeah, that is true, but we also don't know if it matters whether or not the time warps have to end before he meets him, which I think still makes my idea possible. For all we know, it wouldn't matter if the current or final warp triggers the event, only that it happens in one of them if the time frame (a time before Richard met Locke on The Island) is correct.

Last edited:
Going to start soon.

Going to start soon.
What do you think they're going to talk about this episode? Jacob? Black Smoke? Time Travel?
PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

I'm guessing that we'll be getting a whole lot more insight into Dharma this episode now that they've gone back in time.

laksgjfasldfkdj That was so short! That episode was amazing, though. A lot of stuff was revealed.

Verygood episode, but kind of a dissappointment considering all the things I heard hailing it as "best episode of the series". Glad we learned some more about Widmore, though.
Also, I'm 99% sure that the Others or "Hostiles" are descendants from the crew of the Black Eock.

Back