Low Ps3 Sales Spell Trouble for Game Makers? Some thing so...

dedpoet777

\/\/ii'd Out For Life
Dec 20, 2006
Surfside Beach, SC
Wii Online Code
0792-2476-6769-9631
Soft PS3 sales spell trouble for EA, others

Posted Jan 25th 2007 2:35PM by Blake Snow
Filed under: Sony PlayStation 3, Business
Who's on the PS3's side, who? Lots. Historically speaking, brand PlayStation has had the best third-party support over any other platform. That's what happens when your first two consoles sell bajillions. A higher install base means more sales of games and a better chance for game developers to make money. So given such strong support for PlayStation systems in general, it's no surprise that EA and others were/are heavy backers of the PS3 from the start.

But according to Bank of America, soft PS3 sales not only spell trouble for Sony but for the many third-party publishers supporting the platform, namely EA. Based on recent channel checks at 50 stores, 78% had PS3s in stock. Hence, "disappointing PS3 hardware sales are an incremental negative for all the game publishers." So much, in fact, that 2007 publisher stocks could take a substantial dive this year as 21% of their total expected revenues were pinned on the PS3.

As you can imagine, continued blame for the low demand was placed on the PS3's price point and and "lack of compelling software titles." The take-away: unless PS3 demand increases in lieu of early mishaps, publishers could also be left in the cold. Maybe more than just gamers are rooting for early price cuts now. The pressure's on.

What do YOU think?
source article: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/25/soft-ps3-sales-spell-trouble-for-ea-others/

well its completely new hardware thats hard to design for right now

p.s. all your little anti ps3 articles are really getting annoying like a kid asking: are we there yet? every second

Sovieto said:
well its completely new hardware thats hard to design for right now

p.s. all your little anti ps3 articles are really getting annoying like a kid asking: are we there yet? every second
dude i post the news as i see it bro. you dont like it leave, or dont read it. is that the only thing ive been posting? go look around and find out. been posting a lot of other stuff. so how about you mind your own. this is in the ps3 section. and im sure there are people who want to see it. im sorry if im hurting your feelings. ill try harder.....

dedpoet777 said:
dude i post the news as i see it bro. you dont like it leave, or dont read it. is that the only thing ive been posting? go look around and find out. been posting a lot of other stuff. so how about you mind your own. this is in the ps3 section. and im sure there are people who want to see it. im sorry if im hurting your feelings. ill try harder.....
yah well your just creating flame-bait and you know it and wow you posted 1 positive threads, im sorry that makes ALL the difference and even on that thread you start off: atleast sony did something right

well im sorry dude. i really am. i am so so so so sorry. i dont mean to hurt you. i really dont. you want me to dry your eyes?
the ps3 itself is flame bait. as i said i post the news. and i was referring to the other stuff ive posted on this forum, not limited to the ps3. how about this dude, you go try and find some positive stuff to say about sony, some positive articles. guess what dude? there arent any. every article that gets published is negative. that my fault? nope....sure isnt. maybe they should quit being greedy idiots. think of that?

been there, heard that. yeah, ps3 is rubbish. :)

dedpoet777 said:
well im sorry dude. i really am. i am so so so so sorry. i dont mean to hurt you. i really dont. you want me to dry your eyes?
the ps3 itself is flame bait. as i said i post the news. and i was referring to the other stuff ive posted on this forum, not limited to the ps3. how about this dude, you go try and find some positive stuff to say about sony, some positive articles. guess what dude? there arent any. every article that gets published is negative. that my fault? nope....sure isnt. maybe they should quit being greedy idiots. think of that?
yah im crying i would love a tissue, could you get one? or are to busy making fun of sony
if you look in positive places youll get positive articles, i just read a very convincing article that ps3 is on the right track on game informer, ill find you some online articles though
okay i just googled and their all negative but your still making fun of a couple month system that hasnt even begun to show its power its like taking candy from a baby

Sovieto said:
yah im crying i would love a tissue, could you get one? or are to busy making fun of sony
if you look in positive places youll get positive articles, i just read a very convincing article that ps3 is on the right track on game informer, ill find you some online articles though

well all i do is look in the news man. if i find positive stuff, such as the blu ray test, i post it. EVERY article ive seen has been negative. and yes id love to see that article. cause id love to know what theyre doing right. i really would. so you find it post it here. also, any positive things you find on the ps3 make threads with them. i want to see them. you better believe if i find something negative on the wii, that isnt stupid like breaking windows with remotes and backwards compatibility which is already known, ill post that too.

and im sorry, them making the ps3 cost 835 dollars in the UK has nothing to do with hardware. if you cant and wont admit theyre greedy, then i dont know what to tell you. i used to be very pro sony, but anyone can see they deserve nothing except what theyre getting right now, which is nothing.

I used to be pro sony as well. They are just getting too greedy these days and with a toaster like console. I'll still get one though eventually. I need Final Fantasy XIII.

That article from Game Informer wasn't an essay of any kind.

It was an interview with SONY's head of operations in America.

The most positive thing he said about Sony was, "we're winners all along, without even moving one PS3, because the PS2 is so succesful."

Mallhew said:
That article from Game Informer wasn't an essay of any kind.

It was an interview with SONY's head of operations in America.

The most positive thing he said about Sony was, "we're winners all along, without even moving one PS3, because the PS2 is so succesful."

The ps2 was successful, really successful mainly because of the success of the PSX. But they are wrong to think that they dont need to worry about the PS3. I mean thats just absurd lol. They were worried about it when they made it, why do you think they made it so powerful....to compete with the other consoles. They are winners of the PS2 gen era definitely, but that doesn't carry over lol.

That's like Intel saying that they dont need to worry about AMD because one of their processor lines were king of its era at some point in time lol. That really makes no sense.

edit: not directing this all to you, mostly replying to the comment they made.

acphydro said:
I used to be pro sony as well. They are just getting too greedy these days and with a toaster like console. I'll still get one though eventually. I need Final Fantasy XIII.
oh i totally here that. once the price comes down and it gets fixed and doesnt show to be a total flop. im all over it, there are games i really really want to play. assassins creed, devil may cry 4, socom 4, jak and daxter, etc. as much as i hate them right now, i still cant wait to play those games.

acphydro said:
The ps2 was successful, really successful mainly because of the success of the PSX. But they are wrong to think that they dont need to worry about the PS3. I mean thats just absurd lol. They were worried about it when they made it, why do you think they made it so powerful....to compete with the other consoles. They are winners of the PS2 gen era definitely, but that doesn't carry over lol.

That's like Intel saying that they dont need to worry about AMD because one of their processor lines were king of its era at some point in time lol. That really makes no sense.

edit: not directing this all to you, mostly replying to the comment they made.
couldnt agree more dude. actually, i always agree with everything you say man. you got a clear head on dude, unlike a lot of these fools on here that bash me, you, and others. theyre morons..... plain and simple...and they display it with every post.

edit---- my bad with the double wasnt paying attention. i thought someone else had already responded.

dedpoet777 said:
couldnt agree more dude. actually, i always agree with everything you say man. you got a clear head on dude, unlike a lot of these fools on here that bash me, you, and others. theyre morons..... plain and simple...and they display it with every post.

edit---- my bad with the double wasnt paying attention. i thought someone else had already responded.
i assume thats directed towards be whilst im just trying to keep ps3 forum as clean as possible from the mindless flame bait it receives
and..
if you cant and wont admit theyre greedy
thats just sad, ps3 is not greedy their loosing money still regardless, NINTENDO is greedy making profit per console

Sovieto said:
i assume thats directed towards be whilst im just trying to keep ps3 forum as clean as possible from the mindless flame bait it receives
and..

thats just sad, ps3 is not greedy their loosing money still regardless, NINTENDO is greedy making profit per console
actually, i dont have a problem with you dude. when i wrote that you werent even in mind. i was thinking about hmmm wii&ps3, lethal, those that have personally called me out and ran their jaws at me via fingers. but if you want me to refer to you keep posting what your posting. im sorry you got a ps3 and want to defend it dude. i am. but as i said sony did this, not me.

as far as nintendo making profit theyre making 90 dollars per console. soon they will drop the price to 200. then theyll be making 42 dollars. does nintendo have even close to the sales of sony in consoles counting the ps2? the answer is no they dont.
does nintendo make tvs. computers, dvd players, surround systems, music players, computer peripherals, discs, monitors, car audio equipment, or anything close to what they do? nope... sony has enough damn money bro. dont forget the reason ps1 even existed. it is because atari started it, screwed up, and nintendo carried the flag. they deserve to make money. sony barged in to begin with into the video game world. they probably had no business there, but they made their mark, much like microsoft did. but the ps3 is only making a brown mark. the great giant has, at least this far, failed in this next gen battle. and they failed to the wit of nintendo.

the ps3 is all about greed and im sorry you added to their poor numbers with your buy from them. but please dude, must you hassle me about it?

ps still waiting on the positive articles that are so abundant that you spoke of. i really want to see them. my mind is always open to change.

Back