Low Tier Characters ftw

Did you try doing the spike?
You know how you could dashattack cancel with Snake, Link, Wario, Falco, ect but could you do it with Squirtle?

Um...I can't try anything personally because my wii is not with me
(it sucks -_-')

Squirtle has something much better, which is shellshifting. You know, that animation where he goes back in his shell when turning around quickly. Experienced players use this a lot, and it can be used to do better smashes (called Hydroplanning where you go from a shellshift to a Usmash). It is also used for mindgames, to grab and avoid, and also to do something almost like wavedashing, which happens when you go from a shellshift to a backwards crawl.

I probably explained myself poorly, but if you really want to know there's a list of PT advanced techniques on smashboards. Makes you really value squirtle.

Um...I can't try anything personally because my wii is not with me
(it sucks -_-')

Squirtle has something much better, which is shellshifting. You know, that animation where he goes back in his shell when turning around quickly. Experienced players use this a lot, and it can be used to do better smashes (called Hydroplanning where you go from a shellshift to a Usmash). It is also used for mindgames, to grab and avoid, and also to do something almost like wavedashing, which happens when you go from a shellshift to a backwards crawl.

I probably explained myself poorly, but if you really want to know there's a list of PT advanced techniques on smashboards. Makes you really value squirtle.

I forgot that you are not home.

I ****ing hate fighting Squirtles that run back and forth. It's confusing because he is fast.

Ike and Yoshi in balanced Brawl:

[video=youtube;PqfKs7yeR7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfKs7yeR7k&feature=channel[/video]

Lucas is my main character, but I can hold my own with Sheik and Ganondorf.
There was a quote I recently heard about Metaknight that gave me a chuckle:
"If you beat someone that is using Metaknight, you don't beat Metaknight; you just beat the person playing Metaknight."
=p

"If you beat someone that is using Metaknight, you don't beat Metaknight; you just beat the person playing Metaknight."
=p

Welcome to wiichat, first of all.
I´ll add you to the list. Cool to have a Lucas around, a character with a lot of potential, I think the only thing that has kept him from higher use is grab release combos.

Welcome to wiichat, first of all.
I´ll add you to the list. Cool to have a Lucas around, a character with a lot of potential, I think the only thing that has kept him from higher use is grab release combos.

Yeah, sort of a shame regarding Lucas; for all the things he has going for him (useful/innovative specials, zap jumping, wavebouncing...), he has just as many drawbacks (longer grab release, low priority, cumbersome tether grab...).

=p

Dammit that quote is true =(
Metaknight is just too good but I believe that Snake should be at the top of the tier list :p

It's a question of who's easier to use. Snake takes practice, MK not a lot. Therefore, sad people who want to win are more likely to use MK than Snake. Meaning that MK's metagame stays strong from so many people using him.
Also, when most people start maining a character, usually the first problem is "how can ______ character beat MK?", meaning MK has stronger match-ups than snake. I can dare fight Snake with PT and Wolf, for MK I had to think of another character to use because it's too difficult with PT and somewhat of a challenge with Wolf.

The only thing that you need to know when using Metaknight is aiming his recovery moves.
Snake takes practice like all characters.

Link is like the hardest character to become good with in my opinion.

The only thing that you need to know when using Metaknight is aiming his recovery moves.
Snake takes practice like all characters.

Link is like the hardest character to become good with in my opinion.

I can think of much more difficult characters to get good with. Olimar, Sonic, Peach, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Jiggly...

snakes up b is practly endless is u use his down b

Not really endless, % accumulates and eventually you'll kill yourself.

sonic is one of the hardest to get good with and his finisher.

Last edited:
Jigglypuff FTW i only use jiggly .. well sometimes i use wolf and yoshi but mostly jigglky .. if ya wanna fight add me and i will add ya ^^
code : 5241-1666-3632

Back