Lunar Eclipse

[DT] said:
Those turned out pretty nice Mitch!

This one is *nuts* - a buddy from the Corvette Forum, down in South Florida shot this:

1a244e94.jpg
seems he used a nikon d300. thats a nice camera. ive got a cheap $170 camera that has a manual mode and the pics i took were the best i could get with the crap aperture range and autofocus (autofocus sucks at times)

Mitch2025 said:
seems he used a nikon d300. thats a nice camera. ive got a cheap $170 camera that has a manual mode and the pics i took were the best i could get with the crap aperture range and autofocus (autofocus sucks at times)

Yeah, it's looks like a D300 and a some kind of HQ zoom of at least 300mm.

Tacos, that time lapse series is incredible, nice find!

Here's a decebt article @ Wired with some terrific pics:

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/02/pictures-of-las.html

Mitch2025 said:
ive got a cheap $170 camera that has a manual mode and the pics i took were the best i could get with the crap aperture range and autofocus (autofocus sucks at times)

I thought you did an excellent job with your pics!

Ooo thanks for that post DT, their amazing.

Anybody know when the next eclipse of any kind is expected?

'Total Solar Eclipse of 2008 August 01' - According to the NASA website, but it will only be partial in Europe =/

surfinrach90 said:
'Total Solar Eclipse of 2008 August 01' - According to the NASA website, but it will only be partial in Europe =/

Hoooray!!! that is my birthday!!!!

Hehe.. God I need a tripod for my camera. I got the worst kinds of pictures, not to mention my battery died on me =l.

[DT] said:
Yeah, it's looks like a D300 and a some kind of HQ zoom of at least 300mm.
the Exif data says that it was exactly 300mm. good call
[DT] said:
I thought you did an excellent job with your pics!
thanks! ive only been doing photography for a little over a month because its required for my major and its actually pretty fun!

Because of the noise of the low light/cam sensor of those pics, you can shift the range of black balance over and create a really nice dark [solid] background (which looks really good for night pics).

[DT] said:
Because of the noise of the low light/cam sensor of those pics, you can shift the range of black balance over and create a really nice dark [solid] background (which looks really good for night pics).
i had to set the ISO for the first set of pics to 1600 to get a good exposure but later i was able to set it down to 800 thus reducing the noise. also my camera doesnt have manual white/black balance. it is done automatically (i hate auto!)

Mitch2025 said:
i had to set the ISO for the first set of pics to 1600 to get a good exposure but later i was able to set it down to 800 thus reducing the noise. also my camera doesnt have manual white/black balance. it is done automatically (i hate auto!)

Oh sorry dude, I meant in post-production!

This is your pic with the black balanced out (like a 10 second edit):

1042c840.jpg

Again, those are killer pics for an inexpensive P&S - can't wait to see what you do with a DSLR :)

Back