Mac Expert Needed!

ericlewis91

im McLovin
Dec 1, 2006
London,Ontario,Canada
Wii Online Code
6031-8713-1077-8188
I am finally getting my first actual new mac(i have an eMac thats old) and i want to transfer my data from my PC with xp to my new imac 20inch!

First...i have photos in "my photos" and each folder inside my photos is like an album
How would i import these into iPhoto without loosing the nicely sorted photos?

Secondly..i have 80gigs of Music /Videos (half are videos) and i want them on my new iMac...how would i do so..i have it backup on an external drive..how would i add them to itunes so they are on the computer and not on the external

Thirdly...i use outlook express for email...how would i transfer my email settings..contacts..mail etc? (and i dont want to have to buy something)

Can any blank DVDs be used to burn DVDS? or is it just apple branded?

Lastly How would i install a printer which is hooked up on a pc?

Thanks for the Help?

ericlewis91 said:
I am finally getting my first actual new mac(i have an eMac thats old) and i want to transfer my data from my PC with xp to my new imac 20inch!

First...i have photos in "my photos" and each folder inside my photos is like an album
How would i import these into iPhoto without loosing the nicely sorted photos?
Chuck em on an external, connect the external to the Mac, then copy them across to the pictures folder on the Mac.
ericlewis91 said:
Secondly..i have 80gigs of Music /Videos (half are videos) and i want them on my new iMac...how would i do so..i have it backup on an external drive..how would i add them to itunes so they are on the computer and not on the external
Put them on the external, connect to the mac, now open itunes, and change the settings so that it will orginize the music folder and copy music across to it (if you want to know how just ask)
ericlewis91 said:
Thirdly...i use outlook express for email...how would i transfer my email settings..contacts..mail etc? (and i dont want to have to buy something)
transfering e-mail settings... hmmm sounds tricky, but you can use Mail, which is a good e-mail application, you just have to set it up with the same settings.
ericlewis91 said:
Can any blank DVDs be used to burn DVDS? or is it just apple branded?
any dvd's will work.

ericlewis91 said:
Lastly How would i install a printer which is hooked up on a pc?
just plug the printer in, turn it on, and the mac should recongnize it and ask if you wanna use that one, very simple.

Back