MAC number

FatDad

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2009
I'm havin' issues trying to connect the Wii online. I was told I need to plug the MAC number into my computer to allow the online access.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated....

I'm havin' issues trying to connect the Wii online. I was told I need to plug the MAC number into my computer to allow the online access.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated....

The MAC address of your Wii can be found in the Wii Settings. From the Wii menu, click on the Wii button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Then, choose Wii Settings. Scroll to the right one screen and select "Internet". Then choose "Console Information". Your Wii's MAC address(es) will be shown there. Hope this helps. :)

MAC number step 2

Yes this helped, but where do I plug this number into my computer.

Thanks

Well... with the limited info you've given, I'm guessing that you're probably using a wifi router or access point of some kind. You need to access the router or AP's settings. Refer to its documentation for details about how access the settings and allow only certain MAC addresses to connect to the router. Documentation can very likely be found by googling if you have lost/discarded the documentation that comes with it. I'd help with more details but walking someone through how to configure wifi routers is a real pain.

Thanks

Thanks for your help Real-O. I understand the pain your speaking of. I've been struggling with the help from my internet provider. I appreciate the time.........

Back