Mac OS Media Player?

TheMix

Lord of Jazz & Obscurity
Dec 24, 2006
Minnerapolis
Wii Online Code
5762-1277-3527-9496
Anyone know of a Wii media player out as of yet (other than WiiCR) that works with the Mac OS?

I've got a buddy that has is Mac upstairs and Wii downstairs, very much wants to play his media downstairs as well, isn't incredibly computer literate, and can't work through the WiiCR guide for OSX.

Guidelines for this thread:
1. No Mac jokes, or telling me to advise him to get a PC.
2. see #1

If he can't figure it out, why doesn't he go to WiiCR's forum and ask around or search for the answer there? Also, if he simply can't get it running after he's gotten help and there may be a better program for that on Windowz, if he has an intel mac, tell him to run it though parallel's desktop or boot camp. Hope that helps.:)

TheMix said:
Anyone know of a Wii media player out as of yet (other than WiiCR) that works with the Mac OS?

I've got a buddy that has is Mac upstairs and Wii downstairs, very much wants to play his media downstairs as well, isn't incredibly computer literate, and can't work through the WiiCR guide for OSX.

Guidelines for this thread:
1. No Mac jokes, or telling me to advise him to get a PC.
2. see #1
First off, for your guidelines, I know people who would, but don't mind them, MACS are pretty good computers, and since your friend isn't that computer literate like you mentioned above, MACS are also supposed to be easier to use, not to mention, the GUI on MAC surpasses anything Microsoft makes (including Vista), as for the software standpoint, it takes time to look for compatible software

Second, i'm guessing a new computer or an XBOX 360 is out of the Question? An XBOX 360 would be a lot easier to set up for the transfer of video and audio from a computer in a different room as for the Wii with media files and streaming media, I don't know of any programs to do so, being that I have no point to, in my mind, if the Wii can't play video/music data from a CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, etc. What is the point of streaming audio or video to it? Also, most programs used for making media Wii compatible will not be easy to configure anyway, so i'd say stick with the program your buddy's using now and just hire a professional or somebody who works with stuff like that and have them set it up for him

Back