Mac OS X Wii Media Center????

dsdavis

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A.
Wii Online Code
4221-9039-0966-9591
Does anyone know of a Mac OS X "Media Center" like program that'll allow pictures, videos, and music on a Mac to be streamed to the Wii?

Anything that can read photos and videos right out of iPhoto and music right from iTunes, without having to copy the files to some other location (a web accessible folder)?

Thanks, cRaSh115. Have you actually used Wii Transfer? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you have to move files (music, movies, etc.) into different locations to get them to playback? Or does the software find them in their current locations?

I'll give it a try in the next couple days.

I have not used the program. I'm thinking about it though. I did see plenty positive reviews about it on various blogs and message boards. Nothing negative so far.

I tried it out last night. It was *very* easy to use. In fact, I really didn't have to do anything. Just download the app and run it (no installation or anything). I went to the network address of my main Mac via the Wii web browser, and there were links for videos (only shows ones you've converted ahead of time using the app), photos (showed all of my albums), and music (was *very* quick to show my more than 250 GB music library. Played back awesome! Also shows your web browser bookmarks so that you can easily go to those pages in the Wii browser.

Really a slick program. I'll play a little more, but will probably pony up the $19 to register it soon.

It sounds pretty cool. And easier than I thought. I figured there would be a lot of configuring on the Mac end.

I'm definitely going to check it out when I get home!!

Back