Mac vs. PC

Mac or PC?

• Other (linux or something...really outdated; no-Windows)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes thats true Zakkorn, i have said i stand corrected like 5 times now, why you keep reapeating the same thing over and over again, as i was saying, i personaly didn't think 64bit editon of windows has a large enough market for me to take into account (so i'm sorry, shoot me for it), i didn't say it wasn't possible to get a m/b with more than 4 slots for ram, of course it's possible, but like i said, it's not easy to find *as in it's not publish in catalogs or shown on websites, as often as others* for gods sake, lets drop this arguement. i made a mistake, i'm sorry, no need to carry it on.

both are good if your a computer gamer most likely you have pc

pc pros
eaiser to up grade . can do it yourself
more pc games if your into games
cheaper
more software avaiable for windows based pcs yes i said it now shut up

pc cons
if you dont know **** about windows and maintenance your screwed
need to worry about virus spyware malware all those good stuff (thats why i use linux on one of my computers =-)....)
if there is a bug in the os microsofts takes awhile to bring out a patch for it

macs now i have no hands on playing with a mac some of my freinds have them and ive tried it its somthing like linux as in layout menu lol theres no right click too..menu lay out for macs takes awhile to get use too. just like when i first started using linux took awhile to navigate around .. the only con i see in macs is upgrade abiltliy cost alot.. example is a the video card for gaming here on this link http://www.welovemacs.com/g5pciexvica.html thats a 7800gt at that price must be kidding me .. for pcs it sells for half that price maybe even less way less..

over all if you want a gaming machine that you can do other things video editing sound things photo shop get a pc because of the games .. get mac if you dont intend on playing pc games.. because when its time to upgrade that video card just so you can play that game of your s its ganna cost you an arm and a legg ..also if your use to windows just stick with windows based pc if your use to mac os then stick with mac they are 2 different machines os whise.. although there are macs with windows .. but remember upgrading is ganna cost you ..as for me ill stick with pc as i am more comfortable with them..
ohh another thing about websites with motherboards have you tried newegg.com or tigerdirect.com 2 of the best sites i use to buy parts..

ohh another thing dont you think the wii wen you lay it down looks alot like a mac mini lol hmm wonder wonder . nice shiny white =-). lol

Last edited:
nizmoboy98 said:
macs now i have no hands on playing with a mac some of my freinds have them and ive tried it its somthing like linux as in layout menu lol theres no right click too..menu lay out for macs takes awhile to get use too. just like when i first started using linux took awhile to navigate around .. the only con i see in macs is upgrade abiltliy cost alot.. example is a the video card for gaming here on this link http://www.welovemacs.com/g5pciexvica.html thats a 7800gt at that price must be kidding me .. for pcs it sells for half that price maybe even less way less..

over all if you want a gaming machine that you can do other things video editing sound things photo shop get a pc because of the games .. get mac if you dont intend on playing pc games.. because when its time to upgrade that video card just so you can play that game of your s its ganna cost you an arm and a legg ..also if your use to windows just stick with windows based pc if your use to mac os then stick with mac they are 2 different machines os whise.. although there are macs with windows .. but remember upgrading is ganna cost you ..as for me ill stick with pc as i am more comfortable with them..
ohh another thing about websites with motherboards have you tried newegg.com or tigerdirect.com 2 of the best sites i use to buy parts..

ohh another thing dont you think the wii wen you lay it down looks alot like a mac mini lol hmm wonder wonder . nice shiny white =-). lol
Mac's have no right click hmm... *is using a mac* *right clicks* ooooh my, someone told you a lie.. Yes a few years ago, Apple had a one mouse button, and you had to hold control to do right click. but not anymore.. Menu for mac took me less than 5 mins to get used to, very simple.

The thing is with mac's you don't really need to upgrade, you don't buy a machintosh to play games, so you don't really need a video/graphics card,
and if your doing video editing, you don't go buy a laptop/mini or imac. you get the mac pro, with that sexy graphics card..

i find that the technology that people are exicited about for mac's isn't as price as windows, for example DX10 or 11 what ever it is, which is basically pointless in my eyes. for mac it's all about the OS, so it's just £130 odd to upgrade. not bad :)

and haha, wii looks nothing like mac mini, i have both, they are very different. ok so they have white parts oooooo... does that mean my white mug is the same as my wii :p

mac pro with that sexay graphics card wat card is that the 7300 ? lol the ati 1900? those 2 cards kind of suck and the quadro 4500 ? not for gaming great for other stuff but not gaming like said in my post if your a pc gamer stick with pc if your other than that get mac ..and hey if you think your mug is looks like wii then its all yours.. its good to see how simple your mind is

It really depends what you use a computer for.

Obviously PCs are more user friendly, so they are used for basic things.

However, graphic and video editing are at its best when done on a Mac.

Gaming is done better on PC. I don't know much about BootCamp or whatever the thing is that lets Macs run PC stuff, but overall i would say a PC is a greater system.

PC

For gaming
Most games don't support Mac AND G5's are good but PC's are KING!

andes said:
video editing are at its best when done on a Mac.

That is True. I take Media and Macs are VERY Useful for this

Last edited:
andes said:
It really depends what you use a computer for.

That's an opinion and I would say that to either a PC or Mac user. I've used Windoz computers almost all my life, and sorry, once I started using a mac, everything made more sense. That's an opinion as well. What works for you is user friendly for you. What works for me or anyone else is user-friendly for me or anyone else. Not trying to be rude at all, it's just I've had so many arguments with operating system fanboys (I was in a computer tech certification class last year and it was almost endless; even the teacher got in on it), not calling you a fanboy, and it all boils down to opinion and it's sort of pointless, as hard as that is to admit. I don't understand why so many people use Windoz when they could be using a mac. I think it comes from most people not knowing there are other options (mac, linux) and people fearing they won't be able to do the same thing in a new operating system.

I like both of them!

I like PCs because I have been using them all my life and I know them pretty much inside and out, but Mac because of their fantastic design plus the OS looks extremely to use and the Macbooks have photobooth! :lol:

lol yeah both are great if your use to pcs stick with pcs if your use to macs stay with mac if you want a change jump over to the other cause they both get the job done ..both are great computers

nizmoboy98 said:
mac pro with that sexay graphics card wat card is that the 7300 ? lol the ati 1900? those 2 cards kind of suck and the quadro 4500 ? not for gaming great for other stuff but not gaming like said in my post if your a pc gamer stick with pc if your other than that get mac ..and hey if you think your mug is looks like wii then its all yours.. its good to see how simple your mind is

Riiiiiight ... yea those cards completely suck :shocked:

The 1900 512MB Card is one of the best cards ATI ever produced, and ATI > NVIDIA.

andes said:

This is actually completely false. It's not a matter of opinion. Macs are extremely easy to use. People who argue PC's are better are infact Fanboys that truely have not spent any real time on a Mac.

I voted for windows simply because I have used windows all my life and nobody really likes a change so sudden, i think i could get the hang of mac's but i dont really want to, im happy with windows

Back