Macintosh vs. Microsoft (Computers)

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
I made this topic so we can have a mature discussion about the 2 main computer companies: Macintosh and Microsoft (computers). Which do you think is better and why?

RULES:

1. Respect everyones opinion
2. Only constuctive critisism
3. Talk in a mature manner
4. No flaming or bashing other members
5. Stay on-topic.

**If any of those rules are not obeyed, I will asked for the topic to be locked.

EDIT: Forgot to say which I prefer: I prefer Macs due to the fact that it has less bugs and has better support for Photoshop & Motion.

Last edited:
Strange why they call it the PC (Personal Comoputer) then...but yeah, I agree.

yes but macs have a comforting homy feel
and my pc is a big clumpy thing for an office
(even though i love my pc lol)

Maybe SOme rep for my postsd??? lol

Wc

I prefer Windows

WINDOWS

Pros:
Theres more options in a sense of customization
Faster
Better access to Games, [Some games are Windows Only]
Can be cheaper

Cons:
More Virus'
Can be dearer

Macintosh

Pros:
More user friendly
Can be cheaper
Better access to Media related programs [I take Media so this is important - Items such as Editers]
All round easier to work
They all come standard which is good for Games, You will always have the specs for it

Cons:
Bad access to games
That damn bar everytime you hover over it [:(]
Seems to crash more even though it doesn't get virus'
Harder to transfer files
iTunes isn't as good as Windows Media Player
It's hard to customise hard-ware [They all come standard]

All these Points are based on my Personal experience. I prefer Windows although I see how Macintosh can be good :)

Nah I hate those. They so stupid. Totally wrong lol so Baised. I hate them xD

And thanks for the comment lol

I prefer Macs because I like to design stuff using advanced programs like Motion, Photoshop CS3, iMovie which are all Mac-friendly and easy to use (if you know what you're doing).

I'll have to with PC's just 'cause that's what I've been brought up with and I understand them so easily :] like, the first time I went on a Mac, it took me about 15 minutes, to figure out how to close a window :/ probably me just having a dumb moment. I suppose, if I had the same knowledge for both Mac's as I did PC's, then I'd probably go with Macintosh.

We need a Macintosh Revolution, (without the violence) :p

Yeah, I've seen the T-Shirts, I guess the haven't passed with Vista yet because they are still currently using OS X Tiger. OS X Leopard will be coming out soon with great new features like History (something like that) which allows you to find files that have been deleted. It also comes with a new version of Dashboard w/ new Widgets.

Yeah Brendo, Dell design the moniter, Microsoft designs the computer.

Same w/ Macintosh, Apple designs the moniter and Macintosh designs the computer.

For me its
PCs
Pros
Run loads of software, Emu (only own games I cant buy), parts are cheep, easy for me to use, case mods
Cons
Viruses, can be expensive to keep up to date, Visa does anything work with it, errrrrrrrrrrrr

Macs
Pros
Looks good, no viruses, you get what you pay for
cons
Expensive, part are as well, there all in one systems, cant update, most mac users,

Back