Macintosh.vs.Windows

ProShooter

WiiChat Member
Aug 8, 2007
In your opinion which do you think is better.
Name pros and cons if wanted.
Please don't argue and ignore whatever penis says.

Last edited by a moderator:
windows is better for the average user because 99% of programs/games are made for windows. however macs are good for people who do alot of graphic design, audio editing and video editing. also macs have had only 1 know virus (as far as i know anyways) so you dont need any antivirus/firewall crap that slows down your PC.

[sarcastic]This thread is different from all the others [/sarcastic]

I use both, and I even used linux for about 2 months before i got sick of it. I like Mac because well......I like Mac. It's just my preference.

I still use my windows desktop pretty frequently. But I do most of my work/play on my MacBookPro.

Don't really feel like arguing about it though. I've done that enough on WiiChat already :lol:

my problem is mac sounds like a fun laptop to have. But im not sure if its the best decision. A lot of people have said a macbook is for people who do a lot of graphic stuff. So i dont need that, but people say its great in general. Im used to windows and microsoft word etc. So im not sure. Macbook seems like a nice slick laptop that seems enjoyable to use. But everytime i think about getting it, the thought of college and what i will need seems to turn my mind. I need a good laptap next year. I want to feel comfortable with it. Mostly i would need it for internet, research, writing papers, msn messenger and aim. Unless i have big projects i wont need a mac. First, i have to get my dad to agree to let me look at laptops because he plans on giving me his current ne next year and he updates. So who knows.

Wiitime said:
my problem is mac sounds like a fun laptop to have. But im not sure if its the best decision. A lot of people have said a macbook is for people who do a lot of graphic stuff. So i dont need that, but people say its great in general. Im used to windows and microsoft word etc. So im not sure. Macbook seems like a nice slick laptop that seems enjoyable to use. But everytime i think about getting it, the thought of college and what i will need seems to turn my mind. I need a good laptap next year. I want to feel comfortable with it. Mostly i would need it for internet, research, writing papers, msn messenger and aim. Unless i have big projects i wont need a mac. First, i have to get my dad to agree to let me look at laptops because he plans on giving me his current ne next year and he updates. So who knows.

that's a stereotype as far as the graphics design thing goes. You can get Office Mac. It's Microsoft's entire office suite ported for Mac. College shouldn't be a problem, in fact it was easier for me to get on my network with my Mac than it was my PC. We use 802.1x authentication here. Windows doesn't have that. I had to wait and install this retarded "ResNet" software that installed and configured the client for me. With my Mac, all I had to do was go to a section of my network prefs, change a few settings, type in my user name and P/W and it connected, no problem. Took all of 5 minutes to set up. If you're an engineer though, don't get a mac. You're gonna need windows if you're an engineer

Compatibility should be no problem. I just started my second year of college and I've done every single one of my papers on my Mac, and I've never had a problem

Last edited:
tank said:
that's a stereotype as far as the graphics design thing goes. You can get Office Mac. It's Microsoft's entire office suite ported for Mac. College shouldn't be a problem, in fact it was easier for me to get on my network with my Mac than it was my PC. We use 802.1x authentication here. Windows doesn't have that. I had to wait and install this retarded "ResNet" software that installed and configured the client for me. With my Mac, all I had to do was go to a section of my network prefs, change a few settings, type in my user name and P/W and it connected, no problem. Took all of 5 minutes to set up. If you're an engineer though, don't get a mac. You're gonna need windows if you're an engineer

Compatibility should be no problem. I just started my second year of college and I've done every single one of my papers on my Mac, and I've never had a problem

thanks! That helped a lot! Do you see a lot of people having macs? I have had windows all of my life. Is it easy to adapt the macs? with the new programs/icons?

I plan on majoring in Child Education.

Wiitime said:
thanks! That helped a lot! Do you see a lot of people having macs? I have had windows all of my life. Is it easy to adapt the macs? with the new programs/icons?

I plan on majoring in Child Education.

Well, considering I'm a Psych major, yes I see a lot of Mac users. I don't spend all that much time in the science or engineering halls here at my school.

The switch is easy. The OS is user friendly enough that you'll be able to use it out of the box. But as you go you'll start to learn all the keyboard shortcuts and lil secretes, look through the system preferences and there are all sorts of ways to adapt the OS to how you use it.

The file system is different from a Windows machine, but it still has the basic folders "pictures, music, movies, documents, etc...

If you're interested just go to an Apple store and try out the OS. Ask one of the employees about "showing you around the OS." Once you actually get some experience with it you can decide if it's for you or not.

Depending on what you use it for gives the advantage to one or the other. Apple products tend to be very user friendly and intuitive, but they are known to have compatibility issues with other software. For just browsing the Internet, writing papers, and other basic stuff a Mac would get the job done. For more advanced things, it would be worth getting a Windows based computer (without Vista would be best).

Desperado said:
Depending on what you use it for gives the advantage to one or the other. Apple products tend to be very user friendly and intuitive, but they are known to have compatibility issues with other software. For just browsing the Internet, writing papers, and other basic stuff a Mac would get the job done. For more advanced things, it would be worth getting a Windows based computer (without Vista would be best).

you're talking about compatibility issues and you're suggesting Windows Vista?

seriously?

Other than the contradiction, that's just not true. There is a Mac version of most major software. Mac can do a HELL of a lot more than just internet and paper writing.

He said without Vista.

I have a Mac and I love it. However, there are quite a few things that it can't do. They don't bother me or disadvantage me in any way so I don't mind.

Macs are easy to adapt to. I had a PC until early last year when I got my iMac. It's so good. I'm never going back.

tank said:
There is a Mac version of most major software. Mac can do a HELL of a lot more than just internet and paper writing.

And how long do you have to wait after the Windows version of that same software comes out? Besides visual media design, there really isn't that much support for Macs in the professional market.

Back