Mad Catz to Make Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade FightStick

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10363-mad-catz-tekken-tag-tournament-2.JPG

Mad Catz has today announced that it has signed a deal with Namco Bandai Games to make the official Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade FightStick, which will be a Tournament Edition fighting game controller for use with the forthcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2 game, due for release on all major consoles, including the Wii U.

Namco Bandai’s Tekken Tag Tournament 2is the highly anticipated sequel to 2000’s legendary Tekken Tag Tournament, and boasts all of the action seen in the arcades along with unique content and features, including plenty that are not available in the Japanese arcade version, such as online functionality.

“We have heard the voice of fans directly at various tournaments and through social media.” said Katsuhiro Harada, TEKKEN Project Director at NAMCO BANDAI GAMES Inc. “As TEKKEN is the top-selling fighting game franchise worldwide we know expectations for the widely anticipated sequel to TEKKEN Tag Tournament are high, but we are confident we can deliver what you’ve been asking for and even more.”

“This is an incredibly important game for NAMCO BANDAI Games, for the TEKKEN franchise, and for the fans,” said Olivier Comte, Senior Vice President at NAMCO BANDAI Partners. “With the vast legacy of the original game, it’s hard to imagine a game that could energise the fight game community more than this, and I know Harada-san and his team are going to deliver something spectacular.”

Source: Mad Catz

Man I can't wait to get Tekken Tag Tournament 2 :D. I'm a big fan of Tekken and I always use Christie Monteiro. Hmm having a Arcade Fightstick sounds like a good idea actually but it may cause a bit of a hassle really. If it comes on Wii U, I'm definitely getting it :D.

Back