mad

zaza820

WiiChat Member
Feb 19, 2008
:cryin: :cryin: :mad2: Help please! Do I have to buy wii points card if I already have a wireless router to get online?

If you have a wireless router that works and is giving you a connection, then you don't need a Wii Points Card. However, if you want the Internet Browser, then you'll need to purchase a Wii Points Card. The Internet Browser is 500 points ($5).

:confused: :confused: :confused: FR whats Internet Browser
:shocked:

Last edited:
Internet Browser is what you are using right now on your computer. There is a downloadable version for your Wii which costs 500 Wii Points...I don't know what else to tell you.

EDIT:
wii-internet.jpg

Go to the Wii shop channel, then to Wii Ware and buy the Opera Internet Browser for 500 points. Then you can use the Internet Channel to surf the internet.

You don't need to purchase the internet channel to play games online though. If you want to play super smash bro brawl or mario kart online you just need to configure your internet connection through the wii settings so that it knows to connect to your wireless router.

thanks for the info fr and everybody else you guys are the real lifesavers.

Last edited:
:yesnod: Psp because ds doesnt have good graphics trust me im mad because my brother has one

Last edited:
zaza820 said:
:cryin: :cryin: :mad2: Help please! Do I have to buy wii points card if I already have a wireless router to get online?

wow lotta help you getting here.. ha ha

No you do not need Wii-points cards to go online, the points cards are to purchase VC games and soon the Wii-ware games, aswell as some have said, the internet browser channel has to be purchsed on the newer Wii's.

Every other channel is free so far, weather,news,everyone votes,ect. ect. And playing any online game is free

You also don't really need a Wii-points card to purchase the downloadable games, if you have access to a credit card you can buy points to your Wii right online. Think of the Wii-points as a pickup-and-go card for downloadable games on the Wii, you can eaither buy an acctual card at a store or refill it with your own credit card online.

[sorry::smilewinkgrin: I dont know a lot about enternet browsers but im a whiz on micro soft word.happy days!:cornut:

EffeKt said:
How is the web browser by the way? Is it worth 500 points?
If you have a working internet browser on your computer, then I see no need to purchase it. It is hard to type with the Wii Remote too (unless you have a compatible USB keyboard to use).

Back