Madcatz Component Cables and Picture Quality

duhaas

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
I have a panasonic HD projector, and just purchased a set of MadCatz component cables. Is it normal in Wii Sports for the bowling pins and some other aspects of the game to have jagged edges? I have a 92 in screen, and was just curious if its just the game, maybe the cables? Just seems like on the larger screen now I notice that the edges of some of the graphics aren't as nice, don't get me wrong, still love the system, just wanna know what others think.

Well I guess @ this point thats not what I am asking. My question was if anyone else experiences it, or if its maybe just the cables? From what I have read, madcatz doesnt make a bad product.

Thats what will happen with component cables no matter what brand, if you dont like it switch back to the cables that came with the console.

I have a set of cheap third party cables but also a set of unopened nintendo brand cables (which i will probably sell)...Would the picture be improved using a nintendo branded set of cables?

I use madcatz component cables too. I got jaggies on the Miis and stuff too. Never really thought about it since i had thought it was just because Wii sports didn't really meant to play in high def (although it can). Other games though i have no jaggies.

COLDshiver said:
I use madcatz component cables too. I got jaggies on the Miis and stuff too. Never really thought about it since i had thought it was just because Wii sports didn't really meant to play in high def (although it can). Other games though i have no jaggies.

I get lots of jaggies with Zelda

Component cables make the picture more clealy defined, reducing the blur you get with standard cables. What you are seeing is normal, and more noticable the larger the TV you have. You're just seeing the pixels more clearly.

I have Nintendo component cables going to a 720p HDTV and yes there are Jagged edges. I believe this is why Nintendo didn't offer component cables at launch. Because the composites slightly blur the image smoothing out the jaggies.

The jagged edges are perfectly normal. There is NO difference between first party and third party component cables. The picture is identical with Madcatz, Nintendo, etc.

crispy. and you also get more flavorful colors. seems like teh develpoers are gonna have to pay btr attention to detail since the component calbes reveal all the flaws.

Yeah all component cables will give you a clear, defined edges hence the jaggies. And it is true about the colors, they have more pop to them. Its supposed to happen, no matter what cables you use.

Back